kpt-904s

Would you need 3 of them for 3 speakers?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-DCX2496LE-ULTRADRIVE-Digital-Loudspeaker-Management-System-Best-Offer-/261623908319?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item3cea0007df

One unit give you 3 inpus and 6 outputs. There are lots of different presets, so you can do stereo input with 2 or 3 pairs or 2-way outputs. You can tweak to perfection using the display and no computer software. You can also immediately hear what you have just done since you can do it in real time. It's a great tool and cheap too. Later on, if you want to upgrade to a, supposedly, higher quality unit, you can do so with added confidence and a bigger budget (like over $1,000). But this is clearly the best bang for the buck. One good stereo power amp for the woofers and a good chip amp for the tweeters. Simple and effective.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-DCX2496LE-ULTRADRIVE-Digital-Loudspeaker-Management-System-Best-Offer-/261623908319?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item3cea0007df

One unit give you 3 inpus and 6 outputs. There are lots of different presets, so you can do stereo input with 2 or 3 pairs or 2-way outputs. You can tweak to perfection using the display and no computer software. You can also immediately hear what you have just done since you can do it in real time. It's a great tool and cheap too. Later on, if you want to upgrade to a, supposedly, higher quality unit, you can do so with added confidence and a bigger budget (like over $1,000). But this is clearly the best bang for the buck. One good stereo power amp for the woofers and a good chip amp for the tweeters. Simple and effective.

Looks like it only has two inputs? Would need a 3rd input if doing 3 speakers. Sorry if I missed something :)

Looks like it only has two inputs? Would need a 3rd input if doing 3 speakers. Sorry if I missed something :)

Typo on my part.

Typo on my part.

Looks like the link Claude gave is to a 2 in 6 out LE unit. But they make non LE with 3 in 6 out for $50 more.

• 3 months later...

They sound like the most glorious 2 channel stereo ever lol. I've got them in my living room in a 2ch set up till the theater room gets built, music is incredible through them.

you must have good neighbours or they are not close by -- or you live on a farm

Thanks plissken99. I can't imagine why they sell so reasonably priced when compared to the Heritage and Palladium lines. I have heard the JBL cinema speakers in a surround setting and have pictured they would sound great for two channel as well but never had the pleasure of hearing it for myself. Since I prefer the Klipsch sound, to that of the JBL I would fathom I would really....really enjoy a pair of these. I saw a few variations with the huge tweeter horn, and a huge mid horn. Coupled with two 15's they must sound out of this world!

It's new construction, very well insulated. :)

I figure they sell so cheap because they have basically zero aesthetic value lol. They either need speaker grills and a top hat made or to be put behind a screen like mine will. They remind me of a flat black rusted out 1968 Roadrunner with a supercharged 440 under the hood. Looks like crap, but nothing will beat it.

The guy who sold them to me also had a pair of Klipschorns hooked up, and the 904s had clearer highs and better bass! He said the only speakers he's heard which beats them are the J-Horns at $4500 per speaker! And he said it's not nearly dramatic enough to justify the extra cost.

Edited by plissken99
  • Like 1

I figure they sell so cheap because they have basically zero aesthetic value lol. They either need speaker grills and a top hat made or to be put behind a screen like mine will. They remind me of a flat black rusted out 1968 Roadrunner with a supercharged 440 under the hood. Looks like crap, but nothing will beat it.

The guy who sold them to me also had a pair of Klipschorns hooked up, and the 904s had clearer highs and better bass! He said the only speakers he's heard which beats them are the J-Horns at $4500 per speaker! And he said it's not nearly dramatic enough to justify the extra cost.

your signature is soooooo out of date

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 2

that is very rightly said - they rock

Has anybody heard kpt-904's and also pair of jubs? How do they compare or how do you think they will compare?

bill Hendrix has. Send him a message. He's a great guy to talk to and I'm oretty sure he has heard every speaker Klipsch has ever made. He owned jubes and the 904's
  • Like 1

Agreed  :emotion-21:

How is your ht coming along? Any new pics to show?

Has anybody heard kpt-904's and also pair of jubs? How do they compare or how do you think they will compare?

My 2 cents is, you will like (actually love) any of them.  That said, my recollection is the Jubilee or the (forget item number) 4 driver bass bin, will have lower distortion than the 904

Perhaps it's splitting hairs....because any of them will leave you with a smile on your face that your wife will want to smack off!

post-12967-0-28100000-1426675971_thumb.j

post-12967-0-15380000-1426675992_thumb.j

post-12967-0-58300000-1426676026_thumb.j

• Like 1

My 2 cents is, you will like (actually love) any of them. That said, my recollection is the Jubilee or the (forget item number) 4 driver bass bin, will have lower distortion than the 904

KPT-415-LF

Has anybody heard kpt-904's and also pair of jubs? How do they compare or how do you think they will compare?

I own the Jubilee and the KPT-904 systems.

I  would rank the order of the 3 systems Richard pictured in capability of accuracy/quality/clarity as  Jubilee LF / next KPT-415-LF / then KPT-904-LF

Any of these systems are capable of very impressive performance IMO. 

miketn

Edited by mikebse2a3
  • Like 1