RF7 setup price question

Kman

Hi all, I currently have a RF7, RC7 in cherry along with two RS7 surrounds. I am doing some house remodeling soon, including building a new media room. I will have to pack up and re-box a lot of stuff in the coming months including this setup. Just curious if I chose to sell it what is the current going rate for such a setup?

thanks. I really like them and they sound fantastic. But with all the packing and demo work thats going to be happening I thought maybe maybe just easier for now to box them up and sell instead of having to keep moving them from room to room while all the work is going on in the house. Just putting the feelers out there-since I have no idea what the going rate is. I sold my B&K separates to a co worker a few weeks ago along with a smaller RB 3 set up I had. So freeing up a lot of room will help.

Edited by Kman

I have bought and sold literally hundreds of pieces of used gear and when something like yours (original owner, original packing, and mint condition) comes up for sale it is usually between 50% and 70% of the new cost

yours should be closer to the 70% of new price because of whats mentioned above...............This is where I would start my price if I were selling

excellent-thanks everyone for the info-appreciate it. Seems like opinions vary on this issue somewhat- but looks like anywhere between $1300-$1500 would seem to be in the ballpark as a fair deal for the whole setup? Of course many on craigslist seem to always want to chew you down on price-but who can blame them for wanting the best deal.

wow, good to know. Not sure where or how I could get them anywhere to ship though. Don't have a truck -also I have never done anything on ebay before either, only craigslist. Sold my KLF set up that way. Of course it would be nice to sell the whole setup at once- but I would think selling the center and or surrounds separately would prove much more difficult than the towers.

Advertise as a set for the price you want, If it fails to sell then seperate

I personally would prefer to get a whole set in this condition with boxes and all.............good deal IMHO

I think 1500 would be EXTREMELY fair for the set in this condition, but I would start my ad at 1700.00 this way the would be buyers could talk me down a bit and feel like they got a better deal

wow, good to know. Not sure where or how I could get them anywhere to ship though. Don't have a truck -also I have never done anything on ebay before either, only craigslist. Sold my KLF set up that way. Of course it would be nice to sell the whole setup at once- but I would think selling the center and or surrounds separately would prove much more difficult than the towers.
steer clear of eBay. 10% fee. So that 1495 was actually 150$ less

The center will be easy to sell, it is the surrounds you may have a problem unloading.

Roger

Don't Take Less then $3000.00 for the whole setup......It's a all matching setup.

that would be nice- but don't think it todays market it would fly. But I can dream big!

If you feel comfortable with $1800 for all 5 speakers someone would be getting a great deal if they are as advertised. Fwiw, that would be like throwing the RS-7s in for free, imo.

I would be happy with that for sure

steer clear of eBay. 10% fee. So that 1495 was actually 150$ less

good to know- again I have never dealt with ebay so I was unaware of that.

• Moderators
good to know- again I have never dealt with ebay so I was unaware of that.

Don't forget 3% Paypal fees as well. I sold my Cherry RF-7's for $1000 with original boxes. I too think $1500 - $2000 depending on how quick you need to sell them.