Beware of David Calver & Heresy II's in Ft. Lauderdale

NeeleSteele

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-HERESY-II-SPEAKERS-/201097509014?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2ed2587896#shpCntId

These have been posted numerous times on eBay, he will try to get you to send money via paypal to coastal2201@gmail.com . My buddy fell

for the trap and sent him $150.00, the rest payable upon pickup (obviously a dumb move). Ebay account was closed, phone number was a burner

and now they're re-listed for someone else to get ripped off.

-Neil

That auction is now listed as "closed."

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

+++

I would have fallen for it, the description was written in a very folksy style. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by wvu80

Guest Steven1963

I sent him/her a message after seeing this post and told him/her they had been identified as a scammer. Perhaps that helped to end the auction. Perhaps Ebay had something to do with it.

Steve

Guest Steven1963

Looks like the first link you have was ended with bin the other ended due to errors...this guy is absolutely foul. this guy needs a little off the grid punishment

Send in..."TheBeeker" !!

• Like 1

iv been ripped off on the internet. it sucks! i would love to talk to him. it was only for $150 although it was a nightmare. i absolutely could not believe the feelings i had the second i realized id been had. still to this day i remember that moment and that day it was christmas about 10 years ago. wow man...

anyhow i would handle a conversation with him very gently and get in his mind and build the conversation up to get him to dig deep into himself and think about the danger he is putting himself. in these situations with the guys real name you can over the phone & fax and deal with the county authorities and basically just tally another one up for some con. this stuff must end. its only gonna get worse as people like him get away with this crap.

yes i would love to talk to him. this is an actually very small world. my wifes family has land throughout florida and my family was once spread out around florida. i also have a very, very good friend who goes between texas, florida and nyc regularly who owes me a favor. he is a sharp guy with a gorgeous wife and daughter who riside in florida. he would enjoy a trip to this guys house. i better stop there...i sound crazy enough lol

I've noticed these keep coming up with a new id with zero feedback. the guy keeps using the same photos and listing them at $260.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-HERESY-II-SPEAKERS-/261490050469?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-HERESY-II-SPEAKERS-/261488695082?

It looks like the Buy It Now has ended.

Have you reported his listing to Ebay yet, as scam? You would think Ebay would have a black list somewhere for scammers, and they could block him via his IP address or service provider.