Super Heresy 1 (Baby Cornwalls Mod.)

Looks to me like further improvement in the magnitude response flattening (incorrectly and more commonly known as frequency response)would require dropping down the intensity of both horns in the Xover............starting with minus 3 db and cutting the capacitor values in half.

It would have been a much easier mod if you could have gotten the Delta Pro 12A woofer, but I do understand why you had to compromise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, karlson3 said:

I think this 1 watt comparison  to a Belle with K33  shows the value of this great mod

Thanks for doing that. Looks great. One small correction of omission, it's an Eminence Delta PRO 12a.

• Like 1

Data is right but I confused the name (AGAIN - duh) -  that is the spec for the Delta Pro 12a.  

it looks like the PRO version can squeak out more bass (and top)

btw - my Delta Pro12a spec was very slightly different than the current pdf 

did it ever change ? - or did I botch the input?  B102 got modified from qts= 0.23 to qts = 0.39, suspension change

and quite different.   Eminence specs are awfully good/close to real compared to a lot of other manufacturers 

eehaRo9.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, karlson3 said:

Eminence specs are awfully good/close to real compared to a lot of other manufacturers 

I agree. Jerry from Eminence does a great job with this and his cabinet designs. Just saw him last weekend at Midwest Audio Fest. He was a speaker competition Judge. Good guy, good Company (they make a lot of Klipsch woofers, and also Crites). 

On 7/21/2018 at 11:11 AM, Terry Palmer said:

I really love my mod it really shows up in the upper mid bass, really helps the midrange. For me, it helped to cut down on the brightness and hardness of the horn midrange. Gives the speaker a much smoother sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you noticed. The reason for the original mod was to improve the Midrange/upper bass. The lower bass was bonus that occured because I knew that a high BL product woofer (big magnet) would tilt the response towards the midrange and thin out the bass if the Heresy had remained sealed. My original enthusiasm was because I was quite surprised at how good it all sounded top to bottom and I measured from my sweet spot to verify what my ears told me. Thanks for the positive feedback!

• Like 1

Don't forget the old rule "If one pair sounds good, add a second pair". I think 2 pair of Claude's SH's are freakin awesome sounding and a good alternative for someone who wants great Klipsch sound with limited bucks to spend.

Other items in pic are just eye candy, an old obsession of mine, there are seventy more of them hanging on the walls here and there.

Continue your discourse, guys, I just felt this reminder was necessary, given the success of these mods.

20180722_125725.jpg

On 7/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, ishwash said:

Don't forget the old rule "If one pair sounds good, add a second pair". I think 2 pair of Claude's SH's are freakin awesome sounding and a good alternative for someone who wants great Klipsch sound with limited bucks to spend.

Other items in pic are just eye candy, an old obsession of mine, there are seventy more of them hanging on the walls here and there.

Continue your discourse, guys, I just felt this reminder was necessary, given the success of these mods.

Really nice. Thanks for sharing. But I thought Quadrophonic died in the 70's. My bad!! LOL.

On 7/22/2018 at 1:17 PM, ishwash said:

20180722_125725.jpg

Definitely glad you weren't nekkid and standing up in that picture.  ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I wanna hear these puppies and give you props for slightly "reinventing the wheel" in this one.   Well down sir. 

Let's just say that during and after 4 years of multiplying, people seem to really like them. Half luck half science at play.