Super Heresy 1 (Baby Cornwalls Mod.)

TOO FAR man!

I'll know in a week or so, getting a pair myself. I'm psyched about getting them.

I'll have to re-arrange this 1400 sq ft of stuff to figure out how to make it work. Can't just put these on the tv rig.

I've felt bad about letting my Heresy IIs go just like selling my first car.

But I'll be over all that soon.

14 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Gotcha.    Who is in California anyways?   I don't see posts from anyone in CA that make it obvious as to their location.   I know there a few a few, but are we the Supreme minority in that regards? 

I hear they sold more BOSE in California than any other state..............could be the problem..........

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha. Come on. Really?   We r going to take below the belt hits now?   I heard people buy apple phones with blindfolds on and no clue as to why for $1000+ in CA.  Whats your point? 

AH!

He's havin' some fun Chris. Lighten up:laugh:

Ha I know. Im playing.   CA Market for HFI is rampant but klipsch doesn't seem to be what it should be here.   Klipsch NEEDS to go on a roadshow.   People would buy the heritage series if they heard em.    Don't bother with any other series. They will buy blindly.   I'll beat a dead horse and state it again. If klipsch was to demo the heresy III, sales would increase dramatically.   For those of you that haven't heard them IN YOUR OWN ROOM, please don't speak on what you think they are or aren't 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Evening @ClaudeJ1

Gotta tell you while we're here that I saw this thread before, but really went through it after I saw some in another thread.

Fantastic job that you have done with this project!

I thought it might work, so I went for it. I'm glad it did! Thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha. Come on. Really?   We r going to take below the belt hits now?   I heard people buy apple phones with blindfolds on and no clue as to why for $1000+ in CA.  Whats your point? 

Canada has about 30 Million people............the entire country. California has about 33 million people in it.......only ONE state. I wasn't trying to be insulting at all, it was a joke about the probability that BOSE sales were high in CA simply because they have more people, PERIOD. Assuming the sales volume exists in the same proportion in all states, the likelihood of my comment being true is very high.................plus I was just trying to be funny. Failure is a frequent option in the world of both Pro and Amateur comedy, so relax, ok?

Ha I know. Im playing.   CA Market for HFI is rampant but klipsch doesn't seem to be what it should be here.   Klipsch NEEDS to go on a roadshow.   People would buy the heritage series if they heard em.    Don't bother with any other series. They will buy blindly.   I'll beat a dead horse and state it again. If klipsch was to demo the heresy III, sales would increase dramatically.   For those of you that haven't heard them IN YOUR OWN ROOM, please don't speak on what you think they are or aren't 

Good point. I think you'd be very successful doing that, since the population density is so high (max sonic exposure), like putting a pair of LaScalas on a parade float or something, but the PERMIT fees would kill the deal, methinks.

Funny you should mention this. I have owned many, many pairs or Heresy's 1, 1.5, and the PRO versions. But I have never heard any Heresy III's. I just wanted to make old Heresy 1's better than factory, since we DIY Modders do not have any production cost or marketing constraints standing in the way of using better/more expensive drivers in those boxes and putting holes in them to use BOTH sides of the cones for lower distortion bass and midrange output. The $20,000 Klipsch Palladiums as well as the $125,000 Wilson speakers all use bass reflex in their designs, along with everything in between in similar fashion.

14 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Hahahaha that would have been embarrassing. 

14 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Hahahaha that would have been embarrassing. 

It might have been impressive though!

Yeah, poor man's quad. I bet JimJimbo could verify this with a test cause he prolly has a couple pair of them. Might be a poor test though because I doubt he did as good a job on his SH"s as I did...hehehe...

My phone Wall of Fame: Kind of a dusting nightmare. My wife lets me keep them there in the LR if I promise to do the dusting.

Did you know New York city had a phone system in 1880's? See 2nd phone from the left, a "sorta" typical phone of that period. The big battery box (lower compartment) phones, are Western Electric (Ma Bell) and were considered better for calling long distance, course they worked with local phones just fine. As batteries got smaller so did crank phones, just like cell phones. The magnet group (used for shocking fish to the surface so you could scoop them into your boat) located inside the upper compartment actually delivers AC voltage, and it could be looked at as sort of the first AC motor. Those old phone systems were single conductor; they used the earth as the second wire. Lightning took them out often. Wonder if the party line listener ever got shocked by lightning because he/she were omnipresent listening to other folk's conversation. My folks had an old Kellogg crank phone up thru the early 60's. I never called my girl on that phone. Drove to town and called her on the hotel's fancy pay phones in their lobby.

20180725_094946.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ishwash said:

I never called my girl on that phone. Drove to town and called her on the hotel's fancy pay phones in their lobby. 

Smart, very smart...

Just wondering if anyone has done this to the Heresy 2's? I have just stumbled across a pair and I have a pair of Tangent 400 which is ported and sounds better than the H2 except for the horrible cabinets that rattle. I'm considering building some cabinets and making 4 Super Heresy's out of them using Type E or Crites crossovers..

the Super Heresy as intended, and placed in a corner, doesn't look too shabby vs the Khorn.

LB76 vented looks potent and corner placement takes out its lump but its LF cutoff is rather high.  (Someone good with WinISD might - ?-  get somewhat more accurate bass reflex sims)

100 - 200 watts per channel with Delta Pro12A would be nice

8Kge0dP.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springy said:

Just wondering if anyone has done this to the Heresy 2's? I have just stumbled across a pair and I have a pair of Tangent 400 which is ported and sounds better than the H2 except for the horrible cabinets that rattle. I'm considering building some cabinets and making 4 Super Heresy's out of them using Type E or Crites crossovers..

Since the Tangent uses all the same parts as the HII, I would build 4 new cabinets, with the same dimension as the Tangent 400 and move all the parts. Other than having a flimsy cabinet, the 400s are really good.

Bruce

• Like 1