The Klipsch Audio Community
ClaudeJ1

Super Heresy 1 (Baby Cornwalls Mod.)

OK, been rehabbing the new knee for 5 weeks, time to make sawdust! Got most parts cut today and will finish up cutting tomorrow. Assembly should start this weekend as well depending on my endurance, which has been low. Knee feels good, i just run out of gas easily.

IMG_4275.thumb.JPG.40a599838d20d91a8dfb0b4b1218b6bb.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

OK, been rehabbing the new knee for 5 weeks, time to make sawdust! Got most parts cut today and will finish up cutting tomorrow. Assembly should start this weekend as well depending on my endurance, which has been low. Knee feels good, i just run out of gas easily.

IMG_4275.thumb.JPG.40a599838d20d91a8dfb0b4b1218b6bb.JPG

Say Mookie you DO know that's not the right kind of stuff to use when building high quality speakers right? There are studies out there proving layers confuse sound waves and they don't know if they should be going up and down or left to right or both.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Say Mookie you DO know that's not the right kind of stuff to use when building high quality speakers right? There are studies out there proving layers confuse sound waves and they don't know if they should be going up and down or left to right or both.

that's what the port is for, to let all the confused sound waves out. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, MookieStl said:

that's what the port is for, to let all the confused sound waves out. 

I thought that's why the old Heresy's had the plys showing at the corners so the sound could bleed out that way.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

I thought that's why the old Heresy's had the plys showing at the corners so the sound could bleed out that way.

I am going to bevel the corners and veneer the front raw edge. That's why I need the port.

36 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I am going to bevel the corners and veneer the front raw edge. That's why I need the port.

You guys are getting a bit silly here with this kinda stuff. What kind of GLUE have you been using? LOL.

• Haha 1

Just now, DizRotus said:

Looking very good Mike @MookieStl.

Thanks, I'd be further along if I hadn't made some bonehead mistakes.