Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
ClaudeJ1

Super Heresy 1 (Baby Cornwalls Mod.)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Randyh said:

Hi Claude , QUESTION , i NEVER LISTENED TO A NEO WOOFER -

 

are NEO magnet woofers  superior technology , overall , these woofers are light weight , and they can handle more power , but sound wise are they better  to the ear  -

Short answer...........NO. As close to exactly the same to the ear as possible. Your unique room, placement, and sweet spot will make a far greater difference (like 100 times), than the type of magnet. You do gain about 1 liter extra air space in the box, which accounts for a teensy bit better bass, but I don't think you can really hear it because it's overwhelmed by the factors in the 3rd sentence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Life and the Holidays got in the way, so I just now started to do my grills. Always wanted cane grills so.....

This is the first one and needs a little tweaking but I really like the retro look of these S Heresy's and above all, the sound they produce.

Also got them up on stands and off the floor.

cane.thumb.JPG.dc9c859c883ebb95195530fcc9c59d7a.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

Life and the Holidays got in the way, so I just now started to do my grills. Always wanted cane grills so.....

This is the first one and needs a little tweaking but I really like the retro look of these S Heresy's and above all, the sound they produce.

Also got them up on stands and off the floor.

cane.thumb.JPG.dc9c859c883ebb95195530fcc9c59d7a.JPG

Love that look as well and those look fantastic.  Do you notice big differences in the sound with the grills off?  Pulled them off of the 396's after someone else recommended and couldn't put them back on, but totally different grill.

 

Nice freaking work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Love that look as well and those look fantastic.  Do you notice big differences in the sound with the grills off?  Pulled them off of the 396's after someone else recommended and couldn't put them back on, but totally different grill.

 

Nice freaking work!

Have not even turned them on since i set that one in place. I will be curious as this cane is very thick. (but sure is purdy)

I have to tweak that one and start on the second one later today. Will give a listen tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Have not even turned them on since i set that one in place. I will be curious as this cane if very thick. (but sure is purdy)

I have to tweak that one and start on the second one later today. Will give a listen tonight.

Considering what you do for a living, when are you starting the speaker grill branch of the business?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice look.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 1:53 AM, carlthess40 said:

I need to find some more H1’s
Wife would not be happy if I started to cut up the H1’s that are in the living room
I think she likes them more then I do. Lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since your are making a hole in the rear, it's hardly "cutting them up." Plus when you put them back the same place, not only will they have more detail from upgrading the tweeter, but they will bass like crazy from the loading in those cavities they are placed in. She will love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Considering what you do for a living, when are you starting the speaker grill branch of the business?  

I don't want to take the fun out of it. Speakers are what I do when I'm not doing what I do for a living.

(did that make sense?)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 12:53 AM, carlthess40 said:

I need to find some more H1’s
Wife would not be happy if I started to cut up the H1’s that are in the living room
I think she likes them more then I do. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Since your are making a hole in the rear, it's hardly "cutting them up." Plus when you put them back the same place, not only will they have more detail from upgrading the tweeter, but they will bass like crazy from the loading in those cavities they are placed in. She will love it.

The back panel is nothing more than a rectangular piece of of plywood. You could make a whole new set with the cut outs for the port with very little additional effort. You could then save the originals if you decide to go back to stock and there will have been no "cutting up"!

Chances are, you won't want to convert back.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Speakers are what I do when I'm not doing what I do for a living.

(did that make sense?)

 

Absolutely! I've done audio recording on the side for years... would have loved to have had a real studio. But what a headache when you have to do it to pay the bills.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

 

The back panel is nothing more than a rectangular piece of of plywood. You could make a whole new set with the cut outs for the port with very little additional effort. You could then save the originals if you decide to go back to stock and there will have been no "cutting up"!

Chances are, you won't want to convert back.  

Exactly what I’ve done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I don't want to take the fun out of it. Speakers are what I do when I'm not doing what I do for a living.

(did that make sense?)

Did to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Did to me.  

I was afraid there were to many versions of "do" but it actually is fun to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

 

The back panel is nothing more than a rectangular piece of of plywood. You could make a whole new set with the cut outs for the port with very little additional effort. You could then save the originals if you decide to go back to stock and there will have been no "cutting up"!

Chances are, you won't want to convert back.  

 

Or fill your newly cut port with a piece of dense foam, a plug. Hobby Lobby sells foam in 2 and 3" thick sheets. I purchased a couple sheets to make plugs for my CW3 ports, an experiment in ported vs sealed cab. Bass reflex to sealed in 60 seconds for two heresy cabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Witch one of the goldwwood drivers that parts express sells that would work for a H1

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...