tuning to the radio

fawwaz

I've got an A330 pioneer 140watts (2 chanles)6ohm-16ohm I used previously, I'm not sure if I can hook the promedia to its aux jack or to the computer!

Hephaestus I wish that you give more details about your tuner , and you hooked them up!

Thanks

Fawwaz,

I've got an SBlive value card, which has input jacks for line-in and microphone. As I said before, the receiver is nothing great, an entry level Panasonic I've had for 15 years.

To transfer the signal I bought an adapter from radio shack with 1/8" stereo plugs on either end. Headphone jack on receiver > line-in on soundcard. Cost was maybe $3.

I believe you've got the 4.1's; if so you could connect directly to the pre-amp and avoid the PC entirely.

Hope this helps.

I have an auxialary jack at the back of my Stereo one for left channel and one for right channel , and I used to hack up my stereo to the computer by a jack that has two ends to input to the stereo and one to the sound card to have a 2 channel speker sysyem.

My question is if I hook this plug to the audio portable input of the klipsch???

I know it is for CD player and I am hooking it to system ( i previously put this plug inside of the sound card) so I don't want to test it before being sure because the system has an impedence of 6-16ohm!!

I wantto skip the fm tuner card which are usually not that good because I alredy have a mini stereo!

Fawwaz,

Does your A330 have a mini headphone jack?

Then use a cable with 1/8 miniplugs (like w/most comp speakers)

If your stereo has 1/4", then use a adapter.

You can use the 330's volume control to balance the level into the 4.1's new input.

Thanks rol1 I'll try this tommorow.

By the way isn't this also true for the soundcard????

I mean why dont you take the 1/8 plug from the input of the headphone input of the sound card and put it directly into the input of the klipsch preAMp.

This would be a great solution for guys with a 2 channel sound card!!!

By using the headphone jack into the soundcard's line-in you add the soundcard's distortion. It's easy to overdrive the soundcard. It is harder to do that to the Klipch.

If you can't plug your headphones into your soundcard and get good volume, then you won't get good volume with the headphone jack on the 4.1.

If they make a 4ch Boostaroo the you can really drive the Klipch.

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/boostaroo/boostaroo.html

Well I just bought a 1/4" jack and put an adapter on the other end and plugged in the klipsch ,sounds great (only down side that it only works 2 channels)

Tried it from the line in the sound card (only worked 2 channels but left front and left rear) so I kept it directly connected to the 4.1.

I previously thougt it would help 2 channel sound card owners(silly me)know I see why not!!