Infinity 4000 3 way's

jason str

Went through the attic and found a set of Infinity 4000 3 way's, i think these have the good Peerless cone tweeters in them.

The woofers are shot, one needs a surround and one needs reconing.

Cabinets are Walnut one has a drink ring on top otherwise pretty decent.

$40 OBO for the pair or I'm willing to part out if someone needs parts.

If anybody is interested in any parts or the cabinets and all feel free to PM or E-mail me.

*** Updated model # ***

Edited by jason str

no need if its difficult although id like to see a pic...i used to be into infinity when i didnt know what klipsch was...my last 112's needed just what your 1000's need...1 new surround(very common with infinity), and other whole new cone...one day they rocked great beside some sm110's....guess i can just google them...best with the sale!

Edited by beeker
  • Like 1

Those look like late 80's or earlier and a 3 way....all the mid 90's 2 way infinitys would blow up. Infinity car speakers as well. Many of the jbl bookshelves from the same time were like ticking timebombs too in my experience. Your 4000's on the other hand appear to be a bit earlier. Never heard that particular pair that i know of. I went from an infinity craze to a boston acoustics disease back then...still like some of them. I do not have any infinitys around at the moment. Thats a good price for a nice little 3 way...just redo woofers or replace and they are good to go appears. cheers!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I refinished some Klipsch CF-4's recently, which included sanding out some water rings, and to be honest I really enjoyed the sanding and staining by hand.

If I were closer (I think Chicago is about 10 hours from me) I'd take them because it looks like a cool project. :)

GLWYS

Edited by wvu80