Been there done that.

CECAA850

I'm sure most have seen my TT build in the Plywood cutting tutorial thread so I won't bore anyone with step by step pics. This is one of two mirrored image TT that I'm building for hugeroost. This is my second (and third) build that I've done since I bought my track saw. The thing is worth it's weight in gold. It's a tremendous time saver and really makes you a better builder. I can't recommend it enough.IMG_0434.jpg

• Like 2

You don't see this at Home Depot.

I got mine at "Woodworkers Paradise". It's a local store. I could have gone the internet route but wanted to support a local business. They also took the time to go over all the features with me. That was a big plus.

That looks more useful to me than a table saw.

It's much better than a table saw at ripping full sheets. On this build, I knew all my interior panels would be 18". I clamped 3 sheets of 1/2" Baltic birch together and ripped them 3 at a time. 3 cuts gave me 9 strips of 18" panels to slice up into interior pieces. My garage electrical isn't very stout though. I kept popping breakers until I learned enough patience to go slow.

I have an urge to get one of these saws, but...it will have to wait in line behind my table saw....

And I have an urge for a table saw. They both have their uses also but ripping full sheets of paneling is best left to the track saw.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

I have an urge to get one of these saws, but...it will have to wait in line behind my table saw....

And I have an urge for a table saw. They have their uses also but ripping full sheets of paneling is best left to the track saw.

Without a doubt, I agree.....