Been there done that.

CECAA850

I have been using claps and guides for years

Me too. I kick myself for not getting this sooner. The saw is as accurate as you can measure. Place the guide on the piece that you're saving, split the pencil marks with edge of the track, clamp (or not, it has a non slip back) and let'er rip. If you have it hooked up to a vacuum, there's virtually no dust. It will also plunge cut in the middle of a sheet and be right on the line.

I have an urge to get one of these saws, but...it will have to wait in line behind my table saw....

And I have an urge for a table saw. They both have their uses also but ripping full sheets of paneling is best left to the track saw.

you have one, all you gotta do is come pick it up

you have one, all you gotta do is come pick it up

Never been the borrowing type. I have my eye on what I want though. I had electricians out at the house yesterday running 240v out to the garage. I knew when I gave my son-in-law my old one that I'd get another one eventually. I certainly appreciate the offer though.

I was out in the garage last night bopping around blaring Santana out of the KP-301 II's while I was working on TT#2. My brother just walked by and shook his head LOL!

• Like 2

Nice to have you as a friend; look forward to seeing them under his LS.

I never said I was doing them for free :P

We worked out a trade that was mutually beneficial to both of us.

By "we worked out a trade that was mutually beneficial to both of us" I'd like to clarify that "trade" did not involve money changing hands for those of you that have comprehension issues.

• Moderators

Just seen this

I am still stuck looking at this image as I read to this point. I love building things but at some point after cutting boards and gluing them together it turns into this.

Carl just look at this for a Minuit, it's got to make you feel good, it should. Very nice

post-9700-0-16580000-1402033086_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel

Looks good.

Leaving the extra set of braces out is a bad idea, you end up with a resonance issue similar to the La Scala bass bin except instead if just 2 panels resonating you end up with 11 with the problem.

Remember your stock is only 1/2" thick, its in the plans to be braced at no more than 8 inches apart for a reason.

If you're talking about double bracing, I have a wider dual 8" TT with a single brace with no resonance whatsoever.

Edit: There's only 8 3/4" span between the brace and the wall on this one anyways.

Edited by CECAA850

If you're talking about double bracing, I have a wider dual 8" TT with a single brace with no resonance whatsoever.

Edit: There's only 8 3/4" span between the brace and the wall on this one anyways.

8 3/4" is more than the maximum allowed.

Just trying to help is all, its all stated in the plans.

To me the plans are a guide and not the bible. If you can hear the difference between a panel that's braced at 8" and a panel that's 8 3/4" I'd call BS. I've proven that brace spacing of slightly over 8" works perfectly with no resonance whatsoever.

you end up with a resonance issue similar to the La Scala bass bin

The Lascala has about a 2' span of unbraced paneling on the side. That's quite a bit different than what we're talking about here.

Thanks but it's not needed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
I have an urge to get one of these saws, but...it will have to wait in line behind my table saw....

And I have an urge for a table saw. They both have their uses also but ripping full sheets of paneling is best left to the track saw.

I guess it boils down to this: Wanna push the blade across the work, or push the work across the blade?

I guess it boils down to this: Wanna push the blade across the work, or push the work across the blade?

Pretty much. Wrestling a full sheet of 3/4" ply by yourself is no fun on a table saw. Ripping it with a track saw is cake work and just as accurate if not more.

To me the plans are a guide and not the bible. If you can hear the difference between a panel that's braced at 8" and a panel that's 8 3/4" I'd call BS. I've proven that brace spacing of slightly over 8" works perfectly with no resonance whatsoever.

you end up with a resonance issue similar to the La Scala bass bin

The Lascala has about a 2' span of unbraced paneling on the side. That's quite a bit different than what we're talking about here.

Thanks but it's not needed.

Sounds like a discussion about the speed limit on our Freeway. Posted at 65 mph for autos. You can get away with

70 ~ 80 mph before bad things happen.