Been there done that.

CECAA850

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful build. Dont give your new saw too much of the credit. I have access to a $90,000 cnc router table that i use for my builds and cant touch your work. It is between the ears that builds a sub like that. Henry Ford said "Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." Having built this yourself must make the music that much sweeter!

Beautiful build. Dont give your new saw too much of the credit. I have access to a $90,000 cnc router table that i use for my builds and cant touch your work. It is between the ears that builds a sub like that. Henry Ford said "Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." Having built this yourself must make the music that much sweeter!

I appreciate that Mookie.

Great! I use Dayton subs all the time and it is reasuring to hear that people that actully know what they are doing use them too. I assume this driver works well in this application as it goes fairly low, has good spl and not an enormous Xmax (but acceptable). The 8" version of this "classic" sub is very good too. I have used it 5 or 6 times and really like it. Mostly in mid-fi applications (boomboxes etc) but always performs and sounds great. I have also used their RS series as i have two 12" 8 ohm versions in by basement in seperate cabinets using their SA1000 outboard amp and they really thump but more importantly sound great with music not just thumping HT. I also picked up a 10" Titanic sub on ebay for a song, and it too impresses me (250 watt Dayton plate amp).

it is reasuring to hear that people that actully know what they are doing use them too

Well, that would not be me then B) .  When you purchase the plans for the Table Tuba, there is a recommended driver that's been chosen by the designer of the sub that will work in this application.  I was just following the directions :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...