EV Patrician II Speakers... Need Crossover Schematic

BEC

Pretty much what is in the thread title. I need a schematic for the crossover in the EV Patrician II. This speaker was built in Switzerland starting in 1983. It is a four way based on the original Patrician 800 but using updated drivers and crossovers.

Bob Crites

post-7208-0-44420000-1401670134_thumb.jp

Edited by BEC

Bob,

If no one has anything try Nils at Rainbow sound and recording.

(402) 554-0123

Hes been an EV dealer since the beginning of time, can't say he will have it but he has some stuff you couldn't imagine. Guess it may not hurt to try.

I've always wanted to hear these do you have a pair??? These babies are rare. Not much documentation on these. I'd go straight to EV....

They are not mine. Trying to help a customer who is having crossover problems with his. I think he is in Japan.

How do you go to EV these days? The plant in Morrilton is closed now. I have a link that used to take me to the EV archives for schematics, but that link does not work now.

I've never seen any schematics for that line of EV speakers. I think you would have to reverse engineer from the original.

I didn't realize EV had moved out of Arkansas... Bummer.

I'll scout around for you but I don't think I'll find it. Hard enough to find marketing for that line of speakers.

I think he is willing to send the crossover to me, but that is not my preferred way if I can work anything else out. That crossover is displayed as part of the front of that speaker. I would much prefer to build him a set of replacements and let him just leave the factory ones in place. I have an email in to a German friend of mine who is deep into audio. Since these were marketed to Europe and the Far East, he may have info on them.

I think he is willing to send the crossover to me, but that is not my preferred way if I can work anything else out. That crossover is displayed as part of the front of that speaker. I would much prefer to build him a set of replacements and let him just leave the factory ones in place. I have an email in to a German friend of mine who is deep into audio. Since these were marketed to Europe and the Far East, he may have info on them.

Good luck but I think you'll end up working of the originals. If you do find the crossover schematics please post them because that is a rare bit of audio history.

My German connection is working on it now. He knows a guy that knows some of the EV in Europe guys.

My German connection is working on it now. He knows a guy that knows some of the EV in Europe guys.

That is excellent.

Made in Switzerland marketed to Asia...

• 6 years later...

Hi folks,

being the proud owner of a pair of vintage EV Patrician II (1985) it is now the time to refresh the crossover components.

Does anybody have the crossover schedule and the technical specifications of the components?

Thank you so much,

Djurre Bolt, The Netherlands