Howbout Them Spurs!

Gilbert

who knows how the game would have turned out if he could have continued.

That point gets lost.

The Spurs were up by 5 at halftime. Only down by 4 when James went out. It really could have gone either way. People were making out that him leaving is the reason that the Spurs won. I call :pwk_bs: . I realize that they're not winning without him but they're not guaranteed a win just because he's playing.

Vegas line setters have favored the Spurs winning the series from the get go. Lebron's cramp problem certainly shores up that way of thinking. That said, Lebron is capable of turning it on at anytime and we will never know what might have been.

Why was the game played at the AT&T Center instead of the Alamo Dome? I thought the AD was larger, and it was the home of the Spurs.

When the old arena was being demolished, and before the AT&T Center existed, they use to play at the AD. But the Spurs needed their own dedicated location and training facility. Enter to AT&T Center, it is a relatively new building/arena, and is purpose built to support and host the Spurs games.

I thought the same thing about Lebron, poor guy was in a bad way at the end, and nobody brought him fluids, nothing.

The orphanage I grew up in was in San Antonio where I went to high school and atended many Spurs games, I'm from the Ice Man Era and have been a life long fan and all I have to say to the Heat is "If you can't take the Heat stay out of Texas" :rolleyes: Like has been mentioned already I'm not giving this loss to them because James was out, being the top athlete he is and knowing he has suffered this before he should have been watering up the minute they knew the building started to get warm!

I also agree with JL on the Pop and Tim, I so want Tim to get this title. I remember the Admiral bringing Tim up as a pup and all the years of everyone calling the Spurs a soft non physical team and once again they show their moxy :P This coach and team know how to overcome anything and prevail, here's hoping they continue to open eyes :biggrin:

Great game 2 tonight, it could have gone either way. Heat and Spurs now tied 1-1.

Coach rested Labron appropriately, the temp was down about 12 degrees from game one, and Labron was around for the finish. I thought the Spurs actually played better than in game 1, the only difference for them this time is they did not have the greatest 4th quarter in NBA playoff history like they did in game 1.

These surely look like the best two teams in the NBA. This will probably go 7 games.

Edited by wvu80

Guest Steven1963

I haven't watched the games. I'm not the basketball fan I used to be. But I do somewhat keep up on the 'goings on.' From my unbiased position (I don't live in Florida or Texas), Miami will win this series.

Why do I think that?

Because, they have a younger team that is only growing in strength and experience (from last year). The spurs...aren't going to get any better and are only getting older (hasn't Duncan been around since the 90's?). Oh, and Miami has Lebron. Like him or hate him he IS all he they hype given to him. He changes game dynamics when he is on the floor. Period. Is he Jordan. I don't think so..I was into B-ball when Jordan reigned and Lebron isn't Michael.

Enough rant. Miami wins the series. That's my prediction.