The anonymous thread bump.

CECAA850

Love it or hate it?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it or gret rid of it?

• Best thing since sliced bread
    • I want to throw a brick at my monitor when someone does it

The knowledge and debates in the Klipsch Forum go back a long time and are a treasure trove of interesting tidbits...That said, I like to be able to recognize who is bringing it up and even expressing the word "Bump" can given enough information as to why it was resurrected...Actually not a big deal to me, but don't want to be sidetracked into discussions/debates that are surreptitiously going on, not to mention there already is enough useless stuff to read even though the title may be pertinent to someone else--Again, the word "Bump" by any given poster could trigger that discussion with folks that want to continue or get involved.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Voted, there are many great old threads but if you like one bring it back by adding a comment, just start by saying it's an old thread. I am getting in the habit of looking at thread dates now especially when you see old names.

• Like 4

Didn't we just have this thread on the topic?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150092-whats-with-the-old-threads-showing-up/

I want to know who the "5 anonymous users" are? Are they logging in to stalk or hide or what?

88 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

21 members, 62 guests, 5 anonymous users

Edited by Fjd

Im anonymous...I dont bump threads although enjoy some...

I dont know what to vote i dont really like bread but it is cool....I have fealt like throwing a brick at my screen though at some bumperd threads...

Im anonymous cause im real figity and i end up all over the place and dont want to embarrass myself more than normal(im paranoid)...we all know who are anonymous...I can name near all of them at most times...because im real nervous and all over the forum lol

• Like 2

Have seen many old threads that I enjoyed reading. Sometimes (often) forget to look at the date. Also some members I find more interesting as humor, and some very informative.

Neither vote option meets my opinion. But I think I would prefer not to have anonymous bump. Although a site may be more apt to be bumped if anonymous.

• Like 2

I voted, I like it.

Without it, who would know about a topic that was covered extensively, reminding me of past topics covered, is pretty neat.

Honestly, I bet every audio related topic has been covered here and some of the most relevant subjects have been covered ad nauseum...The latest I've seen related to crown amps and if you put "Crown" in the search engine you will get more than enough reading material--My 2 cents.

Edited by tkdamerica

I voted, I like it.

Without it, who would know about a topic that was covered extensively, reminding me of past topics covered, is pretty neat.

You could still bump a thread in the normal fashion. You'd know who and sometimes why as well.

• Like 1

I voted, I like it.

You could still bump a thread in the normal fashion. You'd know who and sometimes why as well.

I agree...I just saw that someone anonymously bumped an old thread of mine but of course I understand why---To those that clicked on it I apologize and next time will "Bump" it old-school. :ph34r::ph34r:

99.85% of the time I bump with a comment.

Getting a newbie asking a question when we have a very good thread coverage on the subject is the only time Iv bump it.

Mainly because the ansers in the thread are far better/usfull than I could come with. some of you guys are indeed experts.

• Like 1

Anyone know why some threads can be "bumped" and others not?

Yeah, I wanted to anonymously bump this thread...

I haven't gotten around to bumping all of them yet.

Dang, didn't know it was a nuisance. Maybe anything over a month old should have indicator/warning saying, you are about to get old info. some relevant, some not so. But you will have to decide if you want to continue reading this topic/thread. It may be a waste of time but, you can decide if reviving this old thread will be useless material for you. Of course, you will have to read it to find out. :)

Edited by billybob

As a fairly new member I find some of the bumped topics technically relevant. I am not bumping. Like some have already said, I would prefer a "bumped" notice.

This forum has a wealth of information, but dozens of threads asking the same questions, with some of the newer answers not as precise as the "old" answers. Seeing that many new members sign up just to ask a couple questions, and that many of us like to research and expand our knowledge, a forum FAQ section and wiki's would be very useful, and probably reduce the bumping.

Being relatively new, I have learned a great deal from threads posted as many 5 to 7 years ago. Therefore, locking threads more than one year old would not be my preferred resolution as there are times when new opinions are expressed or new options come to light. I have never bumped a thread (that I can remember anyway), mainly because I do not know what has bee discussed more than four months ago. Lastly, I have no preference as to anonymous vs. signed bumps. If someone has a reason to want to remain anonymous, I guess I really don't care.