Difference between Crown D45/D60/D75

Could someone take the time to explain to me the differences between these three amps. From what I have read on line the wattage is about the same, and the topology is about the same as well. I am not throwing the D75a in the mix as it does state more power output.

All so what kind of mods can be or should be or updates should be done.

Thanks

Edited by duder1982

Ok I as went back, I did see that there is a difference in wattage. There is a d75 and a d75a which looks to be a revised version. The d60 looks to be only 35watts.

Mark, Those do look to be some heavy mods,

I replaced all the front end OpAmps with super high speed replacements from TI that increased the slew rate. I replaced all the power supply caps with very beefy high quality ones, and I replaced the coupling caps with Black Gates. I had to retune the amplifier's feedback circuit for maximum stability and non-ringing response. And I raised the input impedance to 47K ohms to be drivable by tubed preamps.

I have 2 D45 and 1 D 75A. They both sound great. I have sold most my stuff but never let those go. They are such a great value. I can't tell much difference between the two.

I have 2 D45 and 1 D 75A. They both sound great. I have sold most my stuff but never let those go. They are such a great value. I can't tell much difference between the two.

I've got my eye on a couple.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Someone here still has this amp, which I dubbed "The Duke" after one of our colorful members.

Someone

yeah...you wont invite me over cause you said your dog would kill me when i tried to steal it....guess that works out okay for all of us :)

You Dog! lucky dog. I could smell that D45 near by

I've traded out a lot of gear over the years but I see no reason to boot the Duke. It really sounds nice with the Anthem pre.

Wonder how it would sound with my VTA SP6. I am really interested in these, just need to find the right deals. Wish I aid the skill set to mod one like what Mark does.

yeah...you wont invite me over cause you said your dog would kill me when i tried to steal it

He only wants to play................................really.

Well man yer one hell of a guy...nice to know you! I am a real animal lover....everybody always hollars at their dogs telling them get down so i get to the floor and wrestle or play with little dogs....kids too man...i just turn to butter...I love kids and animals to death...

I have cash....im here...how much for "The Duke?"... I may even make a drive down there to meet the big puppy! Dont twist this crankcammer! I love dogs and yer dog looks like a big sweetheart! I know he could take care of business nonetheless. Cheers!

I replaced all the power supply caps with very beefy high quality ones, and I replaced the coupling caps with Black Gates

This seems pretty strait forward, I would think one could easily do this with a schematic and the correct value caps. I don't know if Mark changed any values or the benefits to this, but I would play it safe.

I had to retune the amplifier's feedback circuit for maximum stability and non-ringing response. And I raised the input impedance to 47K ohms to be drivable by tubed preamps.

This might take some reading and understanding what is being done and how to go about it. But this may be a challenge I might be up for.

I replaced all the power supply caps with very beefy high quality ones, and I replaced the coupling caps with Black Gates

This seems pretty strait forward, I would think one could easily do this with a schematic and the correct value caps. I don't know if Mark changed any values or the benefits to this, but I would play it safe.

I had to retune the amplifier's feedback circuit for maximum stability and non-ringing response. And I raised the input impedance to 47K ohms to be drivable by tubed preamps.

This might take some reading and understanding what is being done and how to go about it. But this may be a challenge I might be up for.

I think he changed the opamp(s) as well.