PA-150 Just got it, want to return it for ?

Dreadneck13

Ok, so I was recommended the Premier Acoustics PA-150 subwoofer. I received the subwoofer and I don't know if its just me, but I don't really like it. It is loud and does a good job at mid frequencies but it seems it really suffers on the lower end from about 35hz down. When it gets that low I don't think it sounds that good, a bit boomy and muffled - almost annoying.

So now I am thinking about swapping it out, I have a couple models I have narrowed it down to; Klipsch SW-115 and SVS PB-2000. My mains and center are Klipsch so I figured the SW-115 would be a perfect choice, it also got some good marks but I haven't found an in-depth review. Just seeing if anyone has any opinions or experience between the Klipsch SW-115 or the SVS. I am after clean bass that is usable in the lower frequencies (18hz to 20hz) more than I am for a super loud sub with questionable bass. I am leaning toward teh SW-115 since my mains and center are Klipsch.

• Mains: Klipsch RF-62 II t
  • Center: Klipsch RC-62 II
  • Surround: Mirage (for now)
  • AVR: Sony STR-DN 1050
  • Sub: PA-150 (for now)

Thanks!

Well if were you in S Tx I would say come get my SVS PB-12/Plus-2 for next to the price I see listed on Amazon. Seriously, don't pay a lot of attention to brand match (Klipsch) with subs since there is no need to worry about timbre matching.

• Like 1

The PA 150 is a bit shallow on the low end. The boominess is most likely placement related. It has good SQ because I compared it to my Epik Legend and SVS subwoofer. On the low end it was equivalent to the Legend and SVS 25-31. The PB 2000 is a step above on the low end. Good luck.

That would be a good deal - i wonder how much to ship! Why are you getting rid of them?

I am going with a dual PSA VS-30Se setup and don't have room to keep. I have a guy in San Antonio that is supposed to be here on the 15th to buy the SVS.

Ok, so I was recommended the Premier Acoustics PA-150 subwoofer. I received the subwoofer and I don't know if its just me, but I don't really like it. It is loud and does a good job at mid frequencies but it seems it really suffers on the lower end from about 35hz down. When it gets that low I don't think it sounds that good, a bit boomy and muffled - almost annoying.

So now I am thinking about swapping it out, I have a couple models I have narrowed it down to; Klipsch SW-115 and SVS PB-2000. My mains and center are Klipsch so I figured the SW-115 would be a perfect choice, it also got some good marks but I haven't found an in-depth review. Just seeing if anyone has any opinions or experience between the Klipsch SW-115 or the SVS. I am after clean bass that is usable in the lower frequencies (18hz to 20hz) more than I am for a super loud sub with questionable bass. I am leaning toward teh SW-115 since my mains and center are Klipsch.

Thanks!
I have never heard the sw-115 but have heard good things. I however have owned the sw-112. And to be honest as I sure you have read before. One notey, boomey, not tight at all. I can't imagine the sw-115 being night and day better. Better? Probably but huge difference, doubt it. I have owned a few Svs and while they are not my top choice anymore (diy is) they are fantastic subwoofers. I would bet money that the PB-2000 will beat the Klipsch in output at 18hz as well as being a much cleaner sounding sub in general. My two cents of course without actually hearing either subwoofer. Lol I know that's funny. I have however been around the block in the sub search over the past two years on my road to happiness in the bass department.

Thanks!
I have never heard the sw-115 but have heard good things. I however have owned the sw-112. And to be honest as I sure you have read before. One notey, boomey, not tight at all. I can't imagine the sw-115 being night and day better. Better? Probably but huge difference, doubt it. I have owned a few Svs and while they are not my top choice anymore (diy is) they are fantastic subwoofers. I would bet money that the PB-2000 will beat the Klipsch in output at 18hz as well as being a much cleaner sounding sub in general. My two cents of course without actually hearing either subwoofer. Lol I know that's funny. I have however been around the block in the sub search over the past two years on my road to happiness in the bass department.

I have seen some user reviews where they went from the SW-112 to the SW-115 and they do say it is a huge difference. I emailed Audiogurus about purchasing the SW-115 or the SVS PB-2000 from them, they have good prices and said I could get another 10% just by liking their Facebook page. They were very helpful and emailed back ; (this is just part of the email)

.....the Klipsch SW-115 will be one of the most economical solutions that still play well down to 18Hz - particularly for mid-sized rooms. It will do very well for movies and games, but if the room is fairly large you may want to go with a pair of subs or one of Velodyne's Digital Drive series to get the deepest bass notes to fill a large space. Getting under 18Hz with very high power does come at a higher cost though....

.....I've heard the SW-115 in a 16' x 22' room and it performed very well......

I will say Mike at Acoustic Sound design does have good prices but he is not very helpful and seems bothered to answer any questions or help someone out, maybe he just doesn't know and just sells the things. I have had much better experiences calling and emailing other companies, they were more very friendly and willing to help.

Edited by Dreadneck13

Velodyne digital drive series=complete ripoff! You gonna spend that kind of money go ahead and get a seaton submersive in whatever color of your choosing. Top quality finish. And a single was about 90% of my dual Svs PB-13 ultras.

Some do say the sw-115 is much better. But without actually hearing it myself, I still have in my mind that it is a Klipsch sub. Not that all are bad. Rsw and rt series were all fantastic. Thx ultra subs were pretty great as well. Just haven't heard any others that I was fond of

I linked you a few ideas in your other thread. That new sub place might be worth a try. They offer two pretty big subs for less than 1k to your door. The safe play is the pb2000, or you could get a pc12 plus. Wait for one to pop up on the outlet and you will have a really nice sub for 1k ish.