Request experienced advice: 1968 H700 Heresy speakers on eBay

I'm very, very interested in these H700s and planning to bid. I unfortunately didn't see them until after the "Buy It Now" price of $470 was already gone (BIN option disappeared once the first bid was made). I've corresponded with the seller since the first day of the auction & he seems like a good guy.

As a Newbie, these would be my first-ever Klipsch speakers. I'm attracted to them because they're early speakers and I would like to experience the original Klipsch Heresy sound. Also, they're located within driving distance from me here in New Hampshire.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251548915756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Before I take the leap, I'd really appreciate comments and advice from Klipsch Community Forum members. My questions:

1. Are the drivers original and period-correct?

2. What would be a fair price to pay for me to pay for these?

Thanks in advance!

Best, Andy

post-58257-0-14680000-1402240798_thumb.j

• Like 2

the letter G in the serial number stands for 1969 and not 68 and here is a picture of my G speakers insides.

I also have a pair of 79's ( T ) that have those same woofers that you want to buy. are they original, maybe maybe not, their all K-22's and klipsch used them all from Jensen, EV, Eminence. no worries

go over to ebay and check out their prices on Heresys completed item page.

I paid $650 for my 69's/ paid $650 for my 79's/ paid $650 for my 77's

post-12513-0-77760000-1402244255_thumb.j

Edited by Budman

Andy, close enough for pickup and no shipping damage i say go for it. i have 5 sets of them in my house right now.

look to be well preserved. the rear labels look to be in mint condition

Edited by Budman

Let me suggest that you write down your top price on a piece of paper and put it in your wallet. Then stick to it, within reason.

Within that constraint, I think you can not go too far wrong. The pictures show they are in very good condition. I see you get a 14-day guarantee, the seller is highly rated, and they are within driving distance. It does not get much better. No, I'm not affiliated with the seller, in any way.

One good thing is that if you get tired of them, you can sell them for a good price. You don't get that with many other purchases.

WMcD

Well, I made a good bid but the Heresy H700s went for $751. I walk away empty-handed.

If another pair of 1960's Heresy H700s shows up, that will be great. I'll keep looking. For now, I'll have to wait.

Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Best, Andy

Edited by Nordschleife

Just sent you a boat load of Heritage info

I believe it was originally from GL/Area51

then posted by HudsonValleyNoah

More info then I've seen anywhere else.

Just cause you missed these does not mean you shouldn't be prepared for the next ones.

I was in the market for Cornwalls and got Klipsch Horns instead, for less money then I was planning to spend. 2 day road trip but I'm not sorry.

• 6 years later...

I just bought a pair of here's these h700 and I would like to know what year they're from.  The serial number is 3j796 the other serial number is 3j793. The type is h - w o - 12.  Klipsch model h700 heresy.  If anybody out there can give me some information on these speakers because these speakers look brand new. My phone number is 205-790-7647 I can send some pictures of these speakers but they're absolutely not a scratch on them they're actually flawless I just need to know some information about them.

1 hour ago, James preskitt said:

I just bought a pair of here's these h700 and I would like to know what year they're from.  The serial number is 3j796 the other serial number is 3j793. The type is h - w o - 12.  Klipsch model h700 heresy.  If anybody out there can give me some information on these speakers because these speakers look brand new. My phone number is 205-790-7647 I can send some pictures of these speakers but they're absolutely not a scratch on them they're actually flawless I just need to know some information about them.

Just search online for Klipsch Serial Number and you'll find all the info you'll want.  Look for what year speakers with a J in the serial number were made.