Request experienced advice: 1968 H700 Heresy speakers on eBay

12 hours ago, James preskitt said:

I just bought a pair of here's these h700 and I would like to know what year they're from.  The serial number is 3j796 the other serial number is 3j793. The type is h - w o - 12.  Klipsch model h700 heresy.  If anybody out there can give me some information on these speakers because these speakers look brand new. My phone number is 205-790-7647 I can send some pictures of these speakers but they're absolutely not a scratch on them they're actually flawless I just need to know some information about them.

Holy Necropost, Batman!

Seriously, welcome to the forum.  It's a font of information, and there are a ton of threads dealing with modifications.  Don't fall into that pit right away, listen to what you have for a time.

Then you should replace the capacitors in the crossover with new ones of the same value.  Listen again for a period of time to get a feel for how they sounded originally before doing anything else.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, James preskitt said:

I just bought a pair of here's these h700 and I would like to know what year they're from.  The serial number is 3j796 the other serial number is 3j793. The type is h - w o - 12.  Klipsch model h700 heresy.  If anybody out there can give me some information on these speakers because these speakers look brand new. My phone number is 205-790-7647 I can send some pictures of these speakers but they're absolutely not a scratch on them they're actually flawless I just need to know some information about them.

James , yes as mentioned earlier BY @jimjimbo these are 1971 H700 -please send send us pictures of these speakers , FRONT-BACK -INTERNALS -you can unscrew the back panel , and take pictures so we can  see the internals of the speaker ---if they look brand new , then the same should be for the woofer-mids-hf-crossover

on another note ,  for your protection - DELETE the phone number you added on this post by Clicking on EDIT  ,  anyone can reach very easily you by a private message - by clicking on your avatar ----Personal information can be shared  in a private message -if you so desire