Klipsch logo badges - changes over the years

Newbie question (I did search the Forum for this but didn't find the full answer):

When did Klipsch make changes to their badges/logo over the years? When did the "Pie" shaped badge start & stop, and was there anything that preceded it? When were the "Laser" tags used?

Thanks,

Andy

• Like 1

Newbie question (I did search the Forum for this but didn't find the full answer):

When did Klipsch make changes to their badges/logo over the years? When did the "Pie" shaped badge start & stop, and was there anything that preceded it? When were the "Laser" tags used?

Thanks,

Andy

There were lots of different badges. I like the early clear ones that just say Klipsch. I'll see if I can put together a sampling of them and then post here.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

new pie logo for the k-horn / cornwall 3 and heresy 3

I paid 12.50 each plus shipping for the new pie in the bottom picture

I have sort of been looking at picking up a couple badges for my scalas. I looked on the Klipsch site but didn't find them, and Ebay wants too much. Where did you order yours from?

i ordered the ones in the bottom picture ( only ones avaliable from klipsch ) directly from klipsch for 12.50 ea. years ago. they put these on the k-horn - cornwall and heresy 3's

they might not sell them anymore.

Edited by Budman

New member here, just got a used set of KG .5's and have a question about the logo/emblem. One grill is missing the copper colored outer logo leaving the raised lettering underneath. On the other grill the copper logo just fell off but I have it. Apparently Klipsch doesn't make or sell replacement logos so that leaves the Canadian Ebay logos to choose from. I'm just trying to figure out which one is which as $25 is a lot to pay for such an item. I'm thinking the 1.75 inch with the adhesive back is the right one but when I looked at the grill the emblem does have two posts showing on the inside which is one of the other choices. Any help on this? I know it's kind of anal but they are such nice little speakers. Thanks...

Ebay links....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Speaker-Logo-stick-on-1-3-4-Inch-/301104502563?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item461b3a1723

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Speaker-Logo-/301104497417?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item461b3a0309

• 3 weeks later...

When they came out with the copper looking logos, which were SUPPOSED TO replace the pie logos, the final assembly folks originally just kept using the pie logos for a good while until they were down to a hundred or so. each workbench in final assembly had its own supply in boxes below the bench...as the supply ran low on each bench the copper plates replaced them...1975 was supposed to be the last year for pie slices being used, but they were used quite a bit into 1977, until Klipsch dealers began complaining that one pair of a model would be one logo and another pair would be a different logo...so the plant went completely over to the new copper logo. But there were still pie logos remaining...and most employees preferred the pie logos, so they would stash back a quantity for themselves and each year they would buy a pair of speakers and put the pie logos on them...keep them for a year, then sell them at a profit and do it again...so...there is no real guarantee that you won't find, for instance, a pair of Heresys made in 1983 with pie logos on them...the same goes for the other models.

• Like 1