Klipsch logo badges - changes over the years

new pie logo for the k-horn / cornwall 3 and heresy 3

I paid 12.50 each plus shipping for the new pie in the bottom picture

Used the new copper pies on my Jube Clone bass bins. I really like the looks of this badge. I placed the veneer to look as if flames were coming from the top of the badge. First picture is raw before I applied Laquer.

post-7010-0-81180000-1404523603_thumb.jp

post-7010-0-28220000-1404523622_thumb.jp

Edited by jorjen
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Do I have a counterfeit badge from ebay?

When I got my '81 Heresy's they were missing 1 badge.  The one that came with it looks like the 3rd one down in post #5 above.  The one I got from ebay is not engraved but rather paint on a copper plate.  Same dimensions and exact same logo.  And not brushed, just shiny copper.

Did Klipsch ever make painted (not engraved) badges for Heresy's?

• Like 1

pie slice logo was used up to 1975 and was the first year for removable grills. 75 logo was glued on and all previous ones were nailed on

laser 76-77-78 3 years only

the laser logo is so well made -sure would have liked to know how these were made -

• Like 1

I posted my question about counterfeit badges here, have called Klipsch's phone number listed on their counterfeit web page 3 times and left on hold waiting to talk to someone for a VERY long time, and emailed them.

No answers from any.  Very disappointing.  Really diminishes my opinion of this product.

"Really diminishes my opinion of this product."

Sounds like a personal problem, get over it.

"the laser logo is so well made -sure would have liked to know how these were made -"

They were OK, and may have been made by US Nameplate in Mt.Vernon, Iowa. They used to mention Klipsch in their customer list.

the new pie plastic logos are practical in that you peel and stick - very easy to do - that is what the factory has on all the new heritage series and they dont look that bad - they dont bend or bump -

Edited by Randyh

So just coming back.  Thanks for all the replies, but no one has answer the actual question.  My speakers only came with one.  It is engraved. The one from eBay was sold as an original, but is only painted on copper but otherwise has the exact logo (copyright infringment?).

Soooo... Did Klipsch ever make versions that were simply painted onto copper?  In other words, not engraved - just paint on a flat piece of copper?

hey budman - the top pie logo - I see that one sometimes - it does not have the two nail holes of the original pie logo - is that top pie logo original and do you know when it was made -

Used the new copper pies on my Jube Clone bass bins. I really like the looks of this badge. I placed the veneer to look as if flames were coming from the top of the badge. First picture is raw before I applied Laquer.

real nice effect - what kind of veneer is that -were you able yo match both cabinets -