Anyone Interested in Pristine Pair of JBL 4645Cs MD/DC/VA Only

dkalsi

I have a pair of subs that are in remarkable condition. I bought them from the original owner who used them in his home theater as well as his dedicated 2-channel system.

They are in excellent condition. There might be a mark or two on the cabinet from moving them around - but overall, they should easily be a 9/10 on audiogon scale.

They have the 2242H Drivers - which sell for $1,017/driver at Parts Express. Mine have about 150 hours of play time (I probably watched 25 movies on them and the original owner indicated that he watched about 50 movies on them).

Don't know what to ask for them - any thoughts on a fair price?

Thanks,
D

I have a set of the original JBL 4645. (they don't call them 'A'), with same driver I believe. These are a real HT subwoofer, created for playback in theaters (see JBL cut sheet). Mine have dry rot on surrounds and need replaced, but voice coils are good. I've often wondered how much they'd bring. They are a wonderful HT subwoofer. Mine have three tubed ports, I've played with 'retuning' them by plugging 1 or 2 of the ports, which does have some effect. DK would be interested how this sale proceeds. Good luck mang!

I have a pair of subs that are in remarkable condition. I bought them from the original owner who used them in his home theater as well as his dedicated 2-channel system.

They are in excellent condition. There might be a mark or two on the cabinet from moving them around - but overall, they should easily be a 9/10 on audiogon scale.

They have the 2242H Drivers - which sell for $1,017/driver at Parts Express. Mine have about 150 hours of play time (I probably watched 25 movies on them and the original owner indicated that he watched about 50 movies on them).

Don't know what to ask for them - any thoughts on a fair price?

Thanks,

D

When you sell them, please tell the new owner to set his subwoofers to operate best with B-6 filter alignment. DSP or sub amp settings are +6db boost @25hz, Q=2, HPF @ 20hz. These subs are very powerful and sound really good with K-horns, La Scalas and other large speakers. Re-sale value is not high because most people don't have room for the appropriately large subwoofer, try some undersize subwoofers, then say subwoofers don't sound good with their system and quit looking.

Better yet, make sure your B-6 is set up correctly, add a bass trap to an opposite corner and amaze yourself.

Thanks Mark - they look even better in person.

Kornukopia - These subs do sound amazing. I was using them in my home theater.

When I moved to my new place - I just could not get them to work well with the rest of my system. I use REW to take measurements at the listening position and I was having less output at the listening position with four subs than the output I was able to achieve with two subs due to cancellation. Perhaps I needed to read-up a little more to see if could integrate them - but for now, given the limit spots where I could place them - I could not them four subs to work well together.

These really are incredible subs and will blow must subs out there above I would say 30Hz.