Interested in Custom Heritage Speakers?

Did I get your attention? We are gauging interest in a possible upcoming line of custom Heritage speakers. Check out this thread and be heard!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Would love suggestions of what to try and find to listen to for my fronts (and possibly center)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GoBlueDevils

GoBlueDevils

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLithia, FL (outside Tampa)

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

I have an older set of Synergy bookshelf speakers and a center channel (only way I could gain WAF back then). I've always enjoyed the Klipsch sound, but I'm looking for something to put in a home theater projection setup. At first I was looking to get some tower speakers from the reference line (either the RF-62 or possibly RF-82). However, those are rear-firing and I really don't want to give up the extra space to pull them off the front wall where they need to go, as opposed to a front-firing speaker where I can put them up closer to the front wall without as many issues. Obviously, there's the F-30, but if you guys have any suggestions on something else that you think I should try and find and take a listen to, I'd appreciate any suggestions. If I go the F-30 route for the fronts, should I still consider the RC-62 for the center?

#2 Scrappydue

Scrappydue

The Klipsch Plank Meister

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7065 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I personally don't really care for the synergy series. The reference really doesn't need to be that far off the wall. My rf-63's are only about 6 inches out and the breathe just fine. My favorite bang for your buck speakers in the line up is the rf-62's and rc-62. My vote is for those and get them from mike at acoustic sound design. Hands down best price. But you gotta call!

#3 Youthman

Youthman

LaScala Trio

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13253 posts
  • LocationPlant City, Florida

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

If you need front firing, maybe look into the older CF series.

#4 Cinema_head

Cinema_head

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3804 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Really it won't matter. Your going to xo the low stuff to the subs. If you give them 2 or 3" you won't lose nothing from 80hz on up imo.

What you gain by going reference will be huge compared to any tiny performance loss.

#5 bsdme2

bsdme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPomona, CA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

I second to what Ref said, I have my RF7-II about 4" from the wall on one side and the other is about 1" of the wall because I toe them to an angle and the sound are great. I, like you, must make the wife happy or there will be some bla bla bla once in a while. So far, the position I have them at now are great for me. Try it.

#6 Cinema_head

Cinema_head

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3804 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

A down firing subwoofer can push a lot of air with just a few inchs of space. Im sure an rf-82 or a rf-62 would have no problem with the same size space.

#7 GoBlueDevils

GoBlueDevils

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLithia, FL (outside Tampa)

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

I second to what Ref said, I have my RF7-II about 4" from the wall on one side and the other is about 1" of the wall because I toe them to an angle and the sound are great. I, like you, must make the wife happy or there will be some bla bla bla once in a while. So far, the position I have them at now are great for me. Try it.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Bsdme2, I was thinking about how if I toe them in a little anyways, that would also buy some more space. I can now go back to leaning towards getting the 62's all around. Of course, after checking out craigslist (it had been so long since I was on there, that I forgot how addictive regularly checking all the surrounding craigslist areas can be), if that guy selling his pair of CF-2's wants to come down off his $475 price, those are some beasts, and I saw a guy selling his SVS PB-12/2, which would be a nice monster of a sub, and .... OK, time for me to go get off the fence and get out there and try out some speakers and pull the trigger on something!