Would love suggestions of what to try and find to listen to for my fronts (and possibly center)

GoBlueDevils

I have an older set of Synergy bookshelf speakers and a center channel (only way I could gain WAF back then). I've always enjoyed the Klipsch sound, but I'm looking for something to put in a home theater projection setup. At first I was looking to get some tower speakers from the reference line (either the RF-62 or possibly RF-82). However, those are rear-firing and I really don't want to give up the extra space to pull them off the front wall where they need to go, as opposed to a front-firing speaker where I can put them up closer to the front wall without as many issues. Obviously, there's the F-30, but if you guys have any suggestions on something else that you think I should try and find and take a listen to, I'd appreciate any suggestions. If I go the F-30 route for the fronts, should I still consider the RC-62 for the center?

• Like 1

I personally don't really care for the synergy series. The reference really doesn't need to be that far off the wall. My rf-63's are only about 6 inches out and the breathe just fine. My favorite bang for your buck speakers in the line up is the rf-62's and rc-62. My vote is for those and get them from mike at acoustic sound design. Hands down best price. But you gotta call!

• Like 2

I second to what Ref said, I have my RF7-II about 4" from the wall on one side and the other is about 1" of the wall because I toe them to an angle and the sound are great. I, like you, must make the wife happy or there will be some bla bla bla once in a while. So far, the position I have them at now are great for me. Try it.

I second to what Ref said, I have my RF7-II about 4" from the wall on one side and the other is about 1" of the wall because I toe them to an angle and the sound are great. I, like you, must make the wife happy or there will be some bla bla bla once in a while. So far, the position I have them at now are great for me. Try it.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Bsdme2, I was thinking about how if I toe them in a little anyways, that would also buy some more space. I can now go back to leaning towards getting the 62's all around. Of course, after checking out craigslist (it had been so long since I was on there, that I forgot how addictive regularly checking all the surrounding craigslist areas can be), if that guy selling his pair of CF-2's wants to come down off his $475 price, those are some beasts, and I saw a guy selling his SVS PB-12/2, which would be a nice monster of a sub, and .... OK, time for me to go get off the fence and get out there and try out some speakers and pull the trigger on something!