What's wrong with people?

BigStewMan

Today a Calif Judge sentenced Sherri Lynn Wilkins (53) to 55 years to life in prison. Earlier she'd been convicted of 2nd degree murder, driving under the influence and hit and run. Ms. Wilkins was leaving her job as a DRUG and ALCOHOL abuse counselor and struck a Mr. Philip Moreno with her car. Mr. Moreno ended up on her windshield as Lady Brainstorm decided to flee the scene, in her car - the severely injured man clinging to her hood for dear life. Witnesses reported that she violently maneuvered her car attempting to dislodge her unwanted man cargo. Eventually bystanders surrounded her vehicle and held her until police arrived. Phillip Moreno did not survive this encounter.

Wilkins BAC was twice the legal limit but she claimed she was not drinking. She was "self medicating" her knee pain - consuming 3 small bottles of vodka, 1 Budweiser and a Clamato (whilst still at work as a DRUG and ACOHOL abuse counselor). Being her 3rd strike and the crime most egregious, the judge applied the strictest sentencing at his disposal.

She and her (public defender) attorney plan to appeal.

• Moderators
People are strange and getting worse, us older strange people are now not strange anymore they passed us all up, were below normal strange now.
Except when you guys are talking about Amy's ear lobes. :blink:

Coytee is the one with the earlobe thing, I just like to give him a hard time, I have other preferences myself.

Wilkins BAC was twice the legal limit but she claimed she was not drinking. She was "self medicating" her knee pain - consuming 3 small bottles of vodka, 1 Budweiser and a Clamato (whilst still at work as a DRUG and ACOHOL abuse counselor).

Those Clamato's will do it every time.

• Like 1

"People are indeed strange"

I have just gotten back home after having lunch and drinking for 3 1/2 hours and the host never arrived.

Long story as short as possible:

Steve owns a barber shop, we are bud's do favors back and forth for years.

Today I go down for a cut, having a payin customer in his chair I wait my turn.

Just when one guy gets done another payin customer comes in, I tell steve. im going over to the pub and start You a tab, steve, sure ill be right there.

3 hours later I walk over to the shop, closed up and gone, ya know im starting to get a little buzzed here and im not hangin around.

So I come home, wifes here, crackin one of those fancy $50 wines we just bought on the LA speaker run. chit, good day I guess. :emotion-46::emotion-46::emotion-46::wink::rolleyes:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

So my bud steve just called told me he had to go to his kids school at the last min.

I told him he had a bar tab, he says whats new.

Told him I try out the hair cut again next week, and this time ill start the tab first, he reply's: that's a motivator to get over there.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with being different, quirky or strange - I call that individualism

But has common sense gone out the window ? Anyone know where it went or being stored ?

Well if that's the case I have met some people who have individualized the crap out of it ! :blink:

And yes common sense has left the building, I don't think there storing it anywhere, there must have been just a limited supply and it just ran out ? I know the state or federal government or the military and NASA is not hording any for sure. And looking at the news we did not sell it to another country that's for sure.

I was feeling creative, so I decided that I was going to offer to nickname a forum member Johnny Bananas. It sounded a bit gangster … you know, old school gangster. I thought i invented the name … but, i googled it anyway. Turns out there is a yahoo on MTV that calls himself johnny bananas. I bet he can't even speak a foreign language. That's messed up.

How about "the real Johnny Bananas" ?