Klipschorn Floor Speakers - $1800 (Golden Valley)

Woofers and Tweeters

For sale: a pair of heritage walnut lacquer Klipschorn speakers. The speakers are type KBWL and have consecutive serial numbers 4K045 and 4K046 indicating that they were made in 1972 and were the 3,045th and 3,046th Klipschorn speakers made since Klipsch started manufacturing this speaker in 1946 (according to information on the company's website).

The cabinets are in good condition with a few marks on them and some splattered substance in the rear corners of the speaker (probably candle was since it scrapes off easily with a fingernail and leaves no mark). I have not connected them to a music source but have no reason to believe that they are not in operating condition. These were owned by my late brother, a video/audio broadcast engineer, and were his pride and joy. There is a small amount of corrosion around the logo on the horn of one of the speakers, shown in the pictures below.

LINK

00B0B_eFgv5FB8CEc_600x450.jpg

Kinda late/early morning. Did I miss the price. If only to satisfy my curiosity as they are out of my reach. :(

Duh, there be the price right at the top o d page. $1,800 :huh:

Edited by Taz