AMAZON! Prime Music

eth2

I guess they had to do something to keep their Prime customers happy after they found out they were actually being charged for the "free" 2 day shipping.

Huh?

Actually they were charging for free shipping also. There was a bunch of articles on it a while back. EXAMPLE I'm surprised Earl wasn't heading up the class action suit.

I guess they had to do something to keep their Prime customers happy after they found out they were actually being charged for the "free" 2 day shipping.

Huh?

Actually they were charging for free shipping also. There was a bunch of articles on it a while back. EXAMPLE I'm surprised Earl wasn't heading up the class action suit.

They were putting pressure (allegedly) on third party sellers to increase prices to compensate for "free shipping."

"Burke accuses Amazon of encouraging third-party vendors to increase their prices to Prime members by the amount they charged others for shipping, without revealing that a portion of those alleged "inflated" prices was for shipping fees, the lawsuit claims. "For example, if the price of an item is advertised for $10 with $3.99 shipping and the [vendor] wishes to match or top their price, the [vendor] would charge $13.99 or higher," Burke alleges in the suit. These sellers raise their prices to match or top their competitor’s total price, as items are sorted by price on Amazon's site, Burke alleges in the lawsuit."

Huh?

Is everything a scam... I mean why are these people so greedy wow.

• 3 years later...

-OFFICIAL THREAD DRIFT-

I'd like to know WHY anyone would want to use Amazon Prime for $8 a month.  I just signed up for AP for the one-month free trial.

I usually get free shipping by waiting a week or so, and I admit the 2-day "free" shipping is a cool feature.

But what else do you AP guys see in the Prime movies?  My wife and spent an hour looking over the movies and TV series, and there was NOTHING worthwhile we either had seen before like the Indiana Jones or Star Trek moves, or nothing worth watching.

The couple of movies that were just released and looked semi-interesting were not free but cost $2.99, 5.99 etc.

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I'm going to get my couple of Amazon purchases with the free 2-day shipping, then  cancel within the 30-day trial period.  Am I missing something?

I had AP when I was buying a lot for projects.  There movie offering was pretty dismal at best compared to Netflix.  They use to have an app to play purchased music on a smart TV/BDP.  That is now gone.  You can stream music on a cell phone but, for me it is an act of desperation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'd like to know WHY anyone would want to use Amazon Prime for $8 a month.

There are 3 of us on my wife's account and we use it for books, music, and the occasional movie. I believe they allow a total of 3 devices on her account. As for Prime shipping, my experience is that Ebay on "lowest to your door price" is very hard to beat. 

I signed up for prime a few years ago.....same reason......Shipping on the item I was buying was $100.00. If I joined prime for $79.00 shipping was free.

One reason for keeping it was Chrismas/Birthday/general gift shopping.  My wife and I rarely shop anywhere else than Amazon. You go to admit .....go to Amazon buy it and in 2 days it's at your door. The prime music thing is just a plus. Streaming 32/192k sounds pretty good through the Chorus II's....

George

If a purchase is over a certain amount, like $50 shipping is free anyway.  The caveat is they make you wait 5-8 days, and believe me they don't ship a day sooner than the max.  In that respect the 2-day shipping is fast and "free" as long as you don't mind paying $8 a month for "free."  If I ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon often that alone would justify the price.

I think if I got a bunch of music downloads that would help as well.  It's a shame they don't offer better video content like Netflix does.

I am scheduled to get a few minor items today via USPS with my $54 order.  What surprises me is this is Sunday.  I had no idea the US Postal Service would deliver on Sunday.

First let me say this......I hate to support behemoths at the expense of mom and pop stores.  I resisted Walmart for many years as I saw what it was doing to small town business districts.  A Walmart is built and downtown dries up:(

BTW.......Jeff Bezos has now surpassed Gates as the wealthiest man in the USA. 

Amazon is fast.....very fast.  They have just about everything you could want and I save more in shipping than I spend for the membership.  Recently I ordered a woven leather belt from Uniglo USA and after 6 days I sent them a note saying I would have had it 2 days ago from Amazon.

I order from them a lot.  CDs, books, supplements, car products, dog supplies and more.  And remember "customers who purchased this also ordered these".  A bad addiction.

Where is eth2 anyway?

• Like 1

If you think it's a movie streaming service.....forget it.....I tried them all Netflix/Hulu....... As far as I am concerned Netfilx is best for convenience but from what I remember...................... the sound formats just aren't there. To me streaming movies is out.

And yes we do buy enough to justify the cost...... and besides my wife loves it.....That alone makes it worth it to me.

I really like the fact that when either one of us buys something we both get the confirmation email.

I love it when she comes up to me and says "George....do you got something you want to tell me"...and I do the same to her.

Do I mind paying $3.00 more for something to have it in 2 days.....sometimes ...but not often

George

I love Amazon Prime. I love the free 2 day shipping. I find myself buying a lot of random stuff. I use the music service a lot with my Amazon echo dots. They have a pretty good music selection. The video service isn't great, but they have the Grand Tour series which is awesome. These are the guys from the British Top Gear show. If you are into cars and like comedy, WATCH this show.