Sonos

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

I'm finding this to be a very enjoyable format to listen to my music collection. All of my CD's have been moved to Itunes lossless and since I have a stereo system in the house and one for outside on the deck and around the pool, this makes perfect sense. Being able to listen to different genres inside and outside at the same time is really nice, or to have both systems playing the same music at the same time...very enjoyable. I have mixed feeling about the goodies Sonos comes with...such as Pandora or Songza - both of which are nice in their own right as far as selection goes, but fall short because of compression. Maybe time/upgrades will solve that issue.

Still, this is a very nice way to listen to my playlists without much, if any, compromise.

Anybody else enjoying Sonos?

Steve

I have the Sonos Connect feeding my living room system. Turn it on in the morning and listen all day. Never touch a cd and find Pandora a great way to hear new music. I have found it to be a good way to manage my music collection and non serious listening. Would like to get another Connect feed the deck system.

Guest Steven1963

I ripped all 1500 albums to lossless and love that, however I dont use sonos, post a link to the gear you use please as it might be of use later for me

http://www.sonos.com/

I use 1 Sonos 'Bridge' to broadcast my music from my computer (i-tunes) and 2 'Connects' to both my stereos to wirelessly receive the music from the 'Bridge.' I then feed that signal into the tape/CD inputs of my stereos and control it all from an app on my phone.

So cool!

I love the Sonos. It is very user friendly. I have it hooked up to my living room RF-7 II's, bedroom HIII's, cave cornwalls and outside speakers. It is pretty cool to have them all going on the same song. I like the queue function a lot. You can have your queue playing and search for a song and play it. When it's done playing it goes right back to playing the queue.

• 2 years later...
On 22/06/2014 at 6:01 PM, SBinLilRock said:

I love the Sonos. It is very user friendly. I have it hooked up to my living room RF-7 II's, bedroom HIII's, cave cornwalls and outside speakers. It is pretty cool to have them all going on the same song. I like the queue function a lot. You can have your queue playing and search for a song and play it. When it's done playing it goes right back to playing the queue.

Thank you for sharing your experience,

just a question, how do you connect your Klipsch RF-7 II speakers to Sonos.

I was considering using a Sonos Connect:AMP and connect the speakers directly.

kind regards, thank you,

Eric

I had one for awhile. My only complaint was the fact that it connects via wifi which my bridge was in one room and the play speaker across the house in another it would loose connectivity all the time. I prefer Bluetooth connectivity for this reason. The other option I have found is to use airfoil and cast audio from my laptop to my apple TV's. If I could have resolved the connectivity issues I would have kept the sonos system when it worked I really enjoyed it.

I use the Sonos Connect (not amp) and it is the best 'streamer' that I have used. I find it better than the AppleTv or Squeezebox.

I have the Connect hardwired into my network and connected via analog out to an Emo Mini X amp feeding Klipsch KHO-7s on the back patio, digital out to my Marantz pre/pro for indoor listening and have digital input from pre/pro so I can play TV audio outside if I want.

I have zero issues with my Samsung S7 phone and iPad using the Sonos app. I have not tried any of the wireless Sonos speakers.

We have a hardwired Sonos Connect feeding a DAC in the main system, and have a Play 5 in the kitchen connected wirelessly.

Music library is ripped to FLAC, and we also use Spotify Premium.

We had a Squeezebox before the Sonos gear.  The Squeezebox connection was a bit more reliable.  It often takes several minutes for my Galaxy S3 (yeah, I know, a dinosaur) to find the Sonos system.  I also liked that you could use replay gain with the fixed volume setting on the Squeezebox .  The major benefit of Sonos, for us, is the integration of Spotify Premium and some other services like MLB.com.

I have a Sonos connect hard wired into my Marantz 7008. Feed my other zones via a Nuvo system. I have had it in place since '07, no need to change it yet. Sonos app works great on iPhone & iPad, have CD's all ripped as FLAC, and then still have all my old mp3's in iTunes, back from Napster & Limewire days!

I have recently added a bluesound node 2 and a Pulse Mini powered speaker to my system. I was looking to add speakers to my deck that would be able to play the same music that I was listening to on my main two channel set up - whether that be from my turntable or the digital music stored on my NAS . I looked at sonos but decided on bluesound because to my ears the bluesound speaker sounded better and the bluesound can stream higher res. I am very pleased with the quality and the ease of use.

josh