for what it's worth, i run the "Disconnect" plugin for Chrome and it blocked the picture until I white listed the forum. I had to go track it down earlier because I thought Alex neglected to include it.

I also use Disconnect with Chrome, but I'm not sure what "white listed" means. Using Chrome's "Incognito Window" worked for me.

when you're actively running disconnect against a site it will often block more than just cookies and ads. If it interferes with actual content you want to see you can click "whitelist site" and it'll stop blocking everything for that website. When you do, it changes to "blacklist site", which you can click when you're ready to block stuff on the website again. If you click on the little D icon in chrome the following will appear. Notice "whitelist site" on the left, about 2/3rds down.

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-18%20at%208.32.3

Edited by Thaddeus Smith

when you're actively running disconnect against a site it will often block more than just cookies and ads. If it interferes with actual content you want to see you can click "whitelist site" and it'll stop blocking everything for that website. When you do, it changes to "blacklist site", which you can click when you're ready to block stuff on the website again. If you click on the little D icon in chrome the following will appear. Notice "whitelist site" on the left, about 2/3rds down.

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-18%20at%208.32.3

Thank you.

• Moderators

Captain Obvious here, but note the hobbit is sitting on a La Scala in the t-shirt, and Elijah who played a hobbit is now sitting on his La Scala.

I don't get it.

Hmm... Ok, I'll go about this like assuming you don't know who Elijah Wood is, which is certainly possible.

The t shirt he is wearing in the photo Alex posted is a re-issue of the one Klipsch made in the 70's (around there, I assume. Maybe later?). That shirt featured a hobbit from Lord of the Rings sitting on a La Scala speaker. Random, I know, but it was cute.

This interaction began a couple months ago, when Elijah posted on twitter that he is enjoying his vintage La Scala speakers. Elijah played Frodo Baggins, the hobbit in the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies. We responded to him with a picture of the shirt, and he really wanted one. We had one made, then decided to make the reissue available to everyone.

Once he received it, he posted that picture of him sitting on his La Scala, much like the hobbit is in the t shirt design.

There you go. Now you know the rest.....of the story.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The gist of the story is this is a unique opportunity for exposure of the vintage Heritage line. I think it's great, and kudos to Alex for spotting the tweets and building a relationship with an influential person and true fan who can help us get the word out.

• Like 4

Anybody remember that Hobbit shirt that was on the Bay at 4$K+, I wonder where Elijah got that shirt ?

Knocks the bottom outa that market...

God, that is great news on this end, kind of restores my faith in the younger generation.

So, that being said, open mouth, insert foot.........Note to self: I really must trim my toe nails today :smile:

You'd think he would spring for LSII.

agree. I mean it's sweet that someone with tons of money uses klipsch, but man I sure would buy some brand new walnut lsii's if I had the dough.

You really think he would spring for some K-horns. I respect the decision though. Where's the nostalgia in the lsii's?? :P

Edited by philly0116

Captain Obvious here, but note the hobbit is sitting on a La Scala in the t-shirt, and Elijah who played a hobbit is now sitting on his La Scala.

I don't get it.

Hmm... Ok, I'll go about this like assuming you don't know who Elijah Wood is, which is certainly possible.

The t shirt he is wearing in the photo Alex posted is a re-issue of the one Klipsch made in the 70's (around there, I assume. Maybe later?). That shirt featured a hobbit from Lord of the Rings sitting on a La Scala speaker. Random, I know, but it was cute.

This interaction began a couple months ago, when Elijah posted on twitter that he is enjoying his vintage La Scala speakers. Elijah played Frodo Baggins, the hobbit in the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies. We responded to him with a picture of the shirt, and he really wanted one. We had one made, then decided to make the reissue available to everyone.

Once he received it, he posted that picture of him sitting on his La Scala, much like the hobbit is in the t shirt design.

There you go. Now you know the rest.....of the story.

A little love for Paul Harvey sprinkled in there. Nice.