Klispch Epic

tpg

I was just browsing the Klispch Classic series page and once again stumbled upon to the Epics after taking notice to their massive size again. Why is it that I hear of no one that has these? As far as I remember, I have never heard anyone post about them. Of course, that isn't very long ago. Smile.gif But still... anyne here have them? Are they good? Not too popular? I noticed that the CF-4's had a sensitivity of 102 dB and could take a maximum of 1300 watts.... that is deafen your neighbors loud! And they are not popular? lol Just wondering... Smile.gif

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

Trespasserguy, The Epics were only made for 2-3 years so there's not too many out there. This board is some what dominated by Heritage users who believe in either fully horn loading or Midrange and Tweeter horns with cone bass, not two way designs, therefore you don't read much about them here. There has been a few posts on them, just check the archives. Are they good? I'd say there Awesome, but that's just my opinion.

------------------

2 Channel System:

Klipsch Epic CF-2s

McIntosh C-15 Preamplifier

Adcom GFA 5500 Amplifier

Music Hall MMF-5 Table

Adcom GCD 700 CD

Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer

Transparent Audio Cabless>

I once heard the CF-3's. VERY Impressive. The bass was great. I would really like for Klipsch to make them again, I was more impressed with them than the RF-5, but maybe that is just me.

well, of course there is quite a price difference Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 07-22-2002 at 08:32 AM

I had a pair of CF-2's that I bought brand new in 1995 and thought they were a great speaker (still do). I recently sold them to my sister when I picked up the Chorus's and find the 3-way sound more to my liking. If you can find them for a good price, they are more than worth it imho...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 07-22-2002 at 01:55 PM