2-Way Summer Project - Belle Build

• 2 months later...

hello,

this is coming a little late, but work and personal issues prevented finishing the horns for many weeks. BUT, I am pleased to share that I got them up and running yesterday as a 3-way.

There is still a fair amount to be desired due to the imperfect XO. but there is definitely reason to be excited. I have just put in the order for the Faital Pro HF200 driver and 500Hz crossover. 

More to come, as the weather in Vancouver has turned to soggy, and I am sure to spend the next 16 weeks in doors...

post-58443-0-83300000-1415050158_thumb.j

• Like 1

Cool. B)

As to the type of wood used in the original photo, it has grain like walnut, but seems too light in color (tho photos can be funny) so I thought of Butternut, but I doubt Klipsch used that. I think its an odd photo. Its an open grain hardwood, so cherry, maple and birch are out, yet its quite light for walnut,.........

Cool. B)

As to the type of wood used in the original photo, it has grain like walnut, but seems too light in color (tho photos can be funny) so I thought of Butternut, but I doubt Klipsch used that. I think its an odd photo. Its an open grain hardwood, so cherry, maple and birch are out, yet its quite light for walnut,.........

Mine is simple birch ply with 3 coats of Watco Natural Danish oil rubbed on with 320-400 grit sandpaper. Let it dry a week, and then a light rub with 000 steel wool.

I am getting a little anxious with drivers and XO... both ALK and Bob C are back ordered... I'd love to get this up and running as a 2-way as soon as possible...!

also, 

I am loving the 'open horn' look on top... having less wood and boxes, certainly makes them feel smaller than a full pair of Belles. I think the light colour and lack of dark grills helps too. It's kinda cool to be able to see all the way back into the horn fold.

Still running these less than perfect with my old Cornscala parts. But I am very impressed with the overall so far.

The 1" box and braces are very good. Excellent low end compared to stock Belles and LaScalas.

Bob has shipped me a new pair of drivers and XOs. I should be running 2way by the end of the week if USPS comes through. Final thoughts and photos to come.

• Like 1

K510 > Faital Pro HF200 > Crites 2-way XO < Custom Belle < Kappa 15 C

Amazing combo. I'm only a few hours in, but I'll be up all night enjoying my new set up. Thanks for the help from this forum and from Bob Crites.

I think I will call them: JuBelles.

the rest of the system:

Soundsmith Ruby > Grace F9 > VPI Classic > Leben Rs 30EQ > Leben CS600 > JuBelles

post-58443-0-20280000-1416286520_thumb.j

post-58443-0-89160000-1416286538_thumb.j

post-58443-0-44320000-1416286555_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

K510 > Faital Pro HF200 > Crites 2-way XO < Custom Belle < Kappa 15 C

If he's using the stamped frame 15c, the specs are 

• Resonant Frequency (Fs)31 Hz
  • DC Resistance (Re)3.68 ohms
  •  
  • Voice Coil Inductance (Le)0.88 mH
  • Mechanical Q (Qms)10.14