2-Way Summer Project - Belle Build

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

this is coming a little late, but work and personal issues prevented finishing the horns for many weeks. BUT, I am pleased to share that I got them up and running yesterday as a 3-way.

There is still a fair amount to be desired due to the imperfect XO. but there is definitely reason to be excited. I have just put in the order for the Faital Pro HF200 driver and 500Hz crossover. 

More to come, as the weather in Vancouver has turned to soggy, and I am sure to spend the next 16 weeks in doors...

Very nice!  :emotion-29:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• 3 months later...

I see this made the Klipsch Facebook page. Congrats on that and the k402 upgrade. So what are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My personal preference is towards 2 way designs. The 402 is great. The 510 is a very reasonable compromise if needed. ...I'm currently looking for a bigger apartment. That's my next upgrade. The system will stay the same until then. 

• Like 1

Nice write up, I wish Klipsch would take projects like this and run with it.  I mean this is what the public is crying for and the reasons why we are building them.  Regardless, the whole article and your diy contribution to home audio is awesome.

Thanks,  I did my best to reiterate that I am simply changing around items that people much smarter than I designed. I also tried to establish that Klipsch is fantastic for allowing information to flow freely on these forums, and in return, we try not to dabble in their IP, too much. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The Belle pictured in the first post is almost definitely finished in light (American) stained walnut veneer.

From a distance it looks similar to some cherry veneers, but if you enlarge the image you'll notice the typical walnut grain, especially on the edges.

walnut_veneer_crown.thumb.jpg.0d7ec9f696488a7ceb1e2fd4f678fdf6.jpg

Light Walnut.jpg

Edited by ARX

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2014 at 2:13 PM, Coytee said:

This uses a passive. I think it was designed by Roy but don't know. I've not seen a schematic of it (not that I could understand it)

post-12967-0-27160000-1404414809_thumb.j

Are their any more pics of this setup...I would like to see how the horn is supported.