My first brand new car in 27 years

sunburnwilly

When I was in high school a few local service stations sold Subaru's.

In the late 1970's a guy I worked with bought a Subaru. He bragged constantly about the terrific gas mileage his car got, throwing out huge numbers. A couple of other guys that I worked with kept gas cans in their vehicles and added a few gallons to his tank while he was working. A few days later he would brag about his gas mileage getting better and better as the car broke-in.

Keith

That's an awesome story and back then it didn't cost very much to mess with the guy . 

On a related note I took mine on a 185 mile loop yesterday to eat into the 1,000 mile break in . Mix of back roads , highway and interstate . The car's mpg calculator showed I averaged just over 32 mpg . There's no way that is correct but how wrong is it ?

Givhans Ferry state park .

P1000843.jpg

First time at the beach for the new , new car . 

P1000868.jpg

P1000848.jpg

We had a WRX. Zippy little machines for sure! Ours was an 07, and my son actually auto-crossed it once. One of my son's friends was over at the house. He's looking to buy a used WRX in the $24K range. 

One thing we did was when the clutch finally went, we replaced it with a Stage2 clutch. That is more like the STI had, and it lasted longer. We also upgraded to EBC Yellowstuff on drilled and slotted rotors. If he were doing rally-cross we might have gone with solid rotors for greater contact area and less cooling.

Your car looks great. There isn't a better winter or mountain car made!

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Sure are allot more rules at the beach these days .
 No kidding......Here in CT the beach I go to has a 30$ cover charge on weekdays and 50$ charge on weekends and Fridays.....Or you can buy one of a very limited number of out of town memberships for 450$. Thats only for the 5 months the beach is open. I'm from Florida, the first time I went to the beach up here and they asked for that much money I actually almost said F@#$ Y@$.....The only thing that came out was "ffffffffff that's ridiculous!!". The rules board at this place reads like a detention center disciplinary outline for inmates. 
  • Like 1

That's why westerners love the east so much.
ok, now that i read the thread, your comment seems more sarcasm--which is appropriate.  I just went downtown Huntington Beach and ate dinner--paid a whopping $2 to park in the parking garage on Pacific Coast Highway.

Too much backed up plumbing can do that.
 don’t remind me -- that was traumatic. My brother lives with me now.  He talked with the manager, who offered to pay for the laundry (i dumped a half dozen towels on the bathroom floor). My brother said thanks but i think cleaning the carpet is a better idea, this is the second time in six months this has happened.  They agreed to foot the bill for carpet cleaning.