klipschorns in the pickup!

Guest Steven1963

Conrats Steve! Half the excitement & fun is in the quest and chase like you just experienced. If you need, or are considering false corners, there are some simple instructions in the basic Heritage manual. It is probably available on the Klipsch site. Or maybe, some forum members can shed some light to prior threads regarding false corners. I am renovating my basement and think I will be building a false/short corner. My Khorns are too far apart, but rooms can be really tricky. Kick back & relax and enjoy your new Khorns! And of course, that awesome sub!

• Like 1

I bought a pair of 1972 klipschorns off of eBay Monday drove down dog near to San Francisco to pick them up. I have them in the back of the pickup as I type this (wife is driving). Along with an rsw 15 sub and a center channel that he threw in while I was loading the khorns. The speakers are absolutely beautiful and the caps have already been upgraded and I will have to post photos of that tomorrow because it seems unusual but they sounded fantastic.

Long drive but worth it to me! Very happy!

Steve

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150804-man-cave-ill-show-you-mine-show-me-yours-d/#entry1744569

• Like 1

Well, after viewing the pictures of the crossovers, I've determined:

1. That they're ugly. No Klipsch speaker is permitted to have ugly networks.

2. Obviously stolen from the original set of "Alien".

3. Soldering was performed with a propane torch.

4. Assembled while viewing the schematic upside down.

I know, I'm too harsh. Sorry. The Klipschorns are a gorgeous though.

• Like 3

Stop holding back Dean, tell us how you really feel :lol:

• Like 2

In the end though, the important thing is that they made it home safe and sound!

My trip as I said was short, mine stood upright in the center of the bed, and as I have a pipe rack on the bed of the truck for long items, it comes in very handy for tying in tall things so I placed them face to face with a large towel between them and tied at the top to the over head rack then slowly drove the Long LONG trip of about 20 minutes home :P

• Like 1

Is there any fix for this?

The AAs I'm selling in the Garage Sale section are a decent deal, I'm getting ready to relist them on AudiogoN for $575.00.

A 2uF Audyn is $2.00. A 2uF Sonicap is $8.00. A 2uF Auricap is $30.00. The Auricap sounds outstanding.

Anything I build will sound better than that mess.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Well, my mind was pretty well made up that I would be replacing the crossovers. Dean's post is the icing on the cake. Now how to convince the wife that I need to spend more money. :ph34r:

Steve

I really appreciate the guys who actually talk to their wives about this stuff.

If you want the ones in the garage sale section, you can make payments on it over three months. This network will easily accomodate a horn changeout if you ever decide to go in that direction. If you're thinking drivers at some point, you should be looking at the SuperX.

I've decided to do payment plans for forum members, all I need is the cost of boards, capacitors and coils covered to get the build going -- I stock the autotransformers. I'm willing to do this until I get burned, and then that will be the end of that.

I'm still on the fence about accepting credit cards, I think I'm going to check into it though.

Edited by DeanG

Well, my mind was pretty well made up that I would be replacing the crossovers. Dean's post is the icing on the cake. Now how to convince the wife that I need to spend more money. :ph34r:

Steve

What, are you nuts??? How long have you been married, a week????

NEVER tell your wife how much you need to spend, they don't think that way. You have to talk the way THEY talk, not the way WE think.

TELL HER the replacement cross overs are needed because the old ones are not safe, they are known to catch on fire, especially while you are sleeping. Even if they are unplugged.

Then tell her they are regularly $1500 bucks, but because you know "a guy," you can get them for only $575, but you have to get them before he sells them to someone else. Tell her (and this is the most important part) that you can SAVE a thousand bucks, but you have to act, now!

She will write you the check for that $575, and tell you she'll take over your job of mowing the yard so you have the time to go pick that safety equipment.

Steve, go get those cross overs, now, before your wife leaves you for making her unsafe!

You can thank me later. B)

Edited by wvu80