klipschorns in the pickup!

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

Well, my mind was pretty well made up that I would be replacing the crossovers. Dean's post is the icing on the cake. Now how to convince the wife that I need to spend more money. :ph34r:

Steve

What, are you nuts??? How long have you been married, a week????

NEVER tell your wife how much you need to spend, they don't think that way. You have to talk the way THEY talk, not the way WE think.

TELL HER the cross overs are needed because they are not safe, they are known to catch on fire, especially while you are sleeping, even if they are unplugged. Then tell her they are regularly $1500 bucks, but because you know "a guy," you can get them for only $575, but you have to get them before he sells them to someone else. Tell her (and this is the most important part) that you can SAVE a thousand bucks, but you have to act, now!

She will write you the check for that $575, and tell you she'll take over your job of mowing the yard so you have the time to go pick that safety equipment.

Go get those cross overs, now, before your wife leaves you for making her unsafe!

You can thank me later. B)

I did buy the crossovers. :) , but I told the wife the truth and she said 'Yes.' :rolleyes: I suppose that's why I'm still married to her after 25 years. She's a damn good woman. Even made the trip down to San Fran with me to get the speakers.

Edited by Steven1963

Well, my mind was pretty well made up that I would be replacing the crossovers. Dean's post is the icing on the cake. Now how to convince the wife that I need to spend more money. :ph34r:

Steve

What, are you nuts??? How long have you been married, a week????

NEVER tell your wife how much you need to spend, they don't think that way. You have to talk the way THEY talk, not the way WE think.

TELL HER the replacement cross overs are needed because the old ones are not safe, they are known to catch on fire, especially while you are sleeping. Even if they are unplugged.

Then tell her they are regularly $1500 bucks, but because you know "a guy," you can get them for only $575, but you have to get them before he sells them to someone else. Tell her (and this is the most important part) that you can SAVE a thousand bucks, but you have to act, now!

She will write you the check for that $575, and tell you she'll take over your job of mowing the yard so you have the time to go pick that safety equipment.

Steve, go get those cross overs, now, before your wife leaves you for making her unsafe!

You can thank me later. B)

I like the way this guy thinks!

That's a great post and a fun read - but we all know that ain't the way to treat your best friend.

"Not safe" - I'm very tempted to use that one though. The way they build shit these days, it's probably closer to the truth than we know.

That's a great post and a fun read - but we all know that ain't the way to treat your best friend.

"Not safe" - I'm very tempted to use that one though. The way they build **** these days, it's probably closer to the truth than we know.

Was my brilliant, witty sarcasm too subtle? :rolleyes:B):lol::D:P:)

+++

I know we are from different cultures and backgrounds, with different ideas about humor, but where I'm from in West Virginia, that's how we guys talk to people we like. I was just taking a good natured poke at him. B)

BTW, I'm coming up on 29 years of marriage. How long do you think my marriage would have lasted if I took my own "advice" to Steve? I would guess, "not long." :D

did buy the crossovers. :) , but I told the wife the truth and she said 'Yes.' :rolleyes: I suppose that's why I'm still married to her after 25 years. She's a damn good woman. Even made the trip down to San Fran with me to get the speakers.
Exactly! :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

• Moderators
I'm still on the fence about accepting credit cards, I think I'm going to check into it though.

Dean, it's dtel's wife. I use Square, they recently changed their name to Register. I've been using them for over two years now and have never had a problem. Very easy to set up and you can accept payments with or without having the credit/debit card in hand. Using Square/Register allowed me to increase my sales by about 1000%. The money is deposited the day after you process the payment. I would be happy to discuss it with you further. Just let me know and we can set up a time to chat on the phone.

There a retail store near us that uses Square/Register. They have it plugged into an iPhone they keep at the front counter. I've asked them about it before and they said it has worked really well for them, too.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

I choose to not hide anything from my wife... it's just none of her business. :wub:

She doesn't ask... and I don't tell. :rolleyes:

Iv never even had the thought of hiding anything, every day she comes home from work and ask if iv found anything worthy of a road trip.