newbie needs help

bigdog

get a ksw-15, or rsw-12 instead of the sub they offer.

otherwise, it looks like a great package.(did NOT price-check) avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

take an old electrical appliance and cut the power cord off, strip the ends, and viola-speaker wire! jk

i use monster 'zip' wire 12 guage for my 3 front speakers, and 16 guage 4 conductor for my rears(requires only 1 'jacketed' wire to be pulled). avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Bigdog-

Having done one of these "packages" I would do something different now.

Reciever: The Denon 3802 is a great reciever for the $ and an excelent match for the klipsch speakers (highly recomended on this board)

Depending on what you want to do with your setup, i.e. 50% music/50% HT, will influence your selection. For me, I want great 2 channel music with decent HT, therefore i would do this now.....

Fronts: RF-7s, these cost quite a bit more, but are very worth it if you can afford the extra. Alot of ppl have fallen in love with the RF3s, and they wanted more of this great sound, so they ended up trading them in for RF7s.

Center: RC-7, i would use this instead of the RC3s, simply to keep the tonal balance across the front sound stage during movie playback. But is $$$ is an issue, then i guess the RC3 would be okay (Others around here might differ in this opinion)

Surround: RC-3s

Sub: Skip the subwoofer until you can afford something better then the KSW series. I have found the KSWs VERY boomy and not the tight controlled base i want. The RF7s put out quite a bit of base, so it will probably tie you over until you save up for a better sub.

-Dave

------------------

Home Theater

Color me stupid...again...but the thought of buying un-matched NEW SPEAKERS, across the front, rubs against the grain... However, I have seen on posts that there is "not much difference" between the R3-and R5 series...

Good Guys is an authorized denon dealer, but not for Klipsch...

bigdog - Is good guys really an authorized dealer? I thought that there was NO authorized e-tailer of CURRENT klipsch models.

I really cant tell you whether the RF-5 mains and RC3II center are a good match. Some of the other board members that have heard both would have a better feel for that. Sorry, I was no help other than to make you nervous on your purchase, once again I'm cluless.

Bigdog-

I don't have first hand experience with the RSW series. But reviews have noted that they are great subs for music but don't go as low as some ppl would like for HT use. One of the most popular subs on this forum is ones made by SVS (www.svsubwoofers.com). They are very good and very reasonably priced, so it might not hurt to take a look at them.

-Dave

------------------

Home Theater