Emotiva Sale..

Salvador

Does anyone have any insight on the yearly Emo sale? If I remember correctly last year they had a 10 to 20% off sale for the 4th of July weekend. Just curios to see if anyone knows if they will do the same this year or how I can find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Salvador

For $100,000.00 you can join their new "Millionaire's Club

They're either nuts or it's just a stunt to impress those of us who don't got the bucks. And .. if I had big bucks .. why would I buy Emo in the first place? I'm not critical of Emo, per se, and have come close to purchasing from them, but I think you could do better if willing and able to spend the money.

For $100,000.00 you can join their new "Millionaire's Club

They're either nuts or it's just a stunt to impress those of us who don't got the bucks. And .. if I had big bucks .. why would I buy Emo in the first place? I'm not critical of Emo, per se, and have come close to purchasing from them, but I think you could do better if willing and able to spend the money.

Yeah that's insane. I've been extremely happy with my Emo purchases but if I had that kind of money to burn I'd be looking at much higher end stuff.

To the OP, the E-Club they now offer for 49.00 a year (10% off) is a no brainer if your purchase savings exceeds the club fee.

I wonder if they are hurting for money. That is a really strange offer. Who would right a check for a 100k for gear that hasn't even been made yet. If I'm spending that kind of money I want to know what I'm buying. And what if emo goes bnko. You would be sol.

Cheap financing, meaning free financing for the company without any hoops to jump through or guarantees, so they are fishing. If they have a 50% or greater markup, they can collect $1M and "pay" for it over time by giving about $15K worth of gear (full retail) over 10 years, which will cost the company much less than $1M (especially when you factor in time).

If you buy the plan and sell the gear as it comes out at a small discount, your should realize a return of 20% - 30% or more on every block of $10K (which is a very strong return), but factored over the entire $100K the return plummets to 2% or 3%.

Factor in the 10 years and that will erode this even more. You are also taking the risk that this "loan" is unsecurred. If they go belly up you are done. Seems like a lot of work to liquidate the gear, but who knows. There is also a risk that they release less than $10K per year of equipment.

Seems like a really bad deal.

Emotiva is just an odd company. A while back I posted comparisons between what Emotiva was doing and what Elemental Designs did right before they went out of business. The similarities just keep stacking up. I will likely look at other amplifiers when it comes time to replace my XPA5.

Outlaw, b&k, parasound, anthem. I thinly they all make 200 watt per channel amps however at quite a premium. Emotiva really is the best bang for your buck. But at a grand now new you could find one of the there brands used and prolly have a better amp.