FS: Peach Preamp w/ Mods Price drop

eth2

I am selling my Peach preamp. It has just had the 6H30 Super tube modification, and within the past 8 weeks had the power modification. Additionally it has just had all the RCA jacks moved from the board to the metal back plate for stability. The Peach has two cases which I would rate as 6/10.

I am selling the Peach as it is incompatible with either my location or my equipment. Mark has it now and says that it is functioning as it should. I think Mark can answer any technical questions, and as I said, Mark states he has tested it and it functions properly,

I have over $1,600 invested in this preamp. I will sell it for $1,300. I cannot supply pictures since Mark has the Peach currently and if it sells quickly, I will ask him to ship it directly.

Lastly, feel free to comment on the price or anything else about this sale in this thread. I want the Buyer to be fully informed and have the benefit of all information relative to his/her decision.

Earl

Edited by eth2

I have not yet had the pleasure of listening to the Juicy Music Peach but if it is anything like my Juicy Music Blueberry Xtreme it is an absolute delight. Marks products are gorgeous to boot. Also, where else but here is the builder available to discuss his goods? Good luck with your sale.

I have had a few questions about the reason I am selling the Juicy Music preamp.

The Juicy Music preamps, when connected to my solid state or tube amps, makes a static sound similar to AM radio static. Mark thinks it is an environmental problem. As some of you may remember, I had a similar problem with my tube amps until I sent one away to the manufacturer to have a beefed up ground installed. (The other is sitting in its box)

In any case, I have great confidence that if Mark says they perform as designed, the problem is mine and not the preamps. If you buy it and have the same problem, I will take it back. You will just be out shipping.

Earl

Curiosity. What RCA cables are you using? I had some of this issue in my old house with the first Peach and a Tercel. At some point ditched my RCA's and got some better ones after sold the JMA. Later had a BB extreme, Peach II and still Have a super merlin. These didn't do this....in fact dead quiet.

I have a variety of cables..many Monster's and a few specially made. When I was referring to RCA jacks, I meant that Mark moved them from the PCB board to the steel back plate. I think there is some powerful interference in my area that tube devices can't tolerate.

Sounds like my house - fixed by using one of these.

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?id=AR-1215

At the rate I'm going over here, I'm going to have to replace the one I sold. I had a couple of problems that were making me miserable. First there was the noise, and then the fluctuating voltage issue that made it impossible to get a stable bias on my tube gear -- and I lost track of the rectifier tubes I fried.

Parts Express has a 45 day return policy.

Edited by DeanG

Sounds like my house - fixed by using one of these.

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?id=AR-1215

At the rate I'm going over here, I'm going to have to replace the one I sold. I had a couple of problems that were making me miserable. First there was the noise, and then the fluctuating voltage issue that made it impossible to get a stable bias on my tube gear -- and I lost track of the rectifier tubes I fried.

Parts Express has a 45 day return policy.

How did you determine that this was your 'problem' ?

I have had a few questions about the reason I am selling the Juicy Music preamp.The Juicy Music preamps, when connected to my solid state or tube amps, makes a static sound similar to AM radio static. Mark thinks it is an environmental problem. As some of you may remember, I had a similar problem with my tube amps until I sent one away to the manufacturer to have a beefed up ground installed. (The other is sitting in its box)In any case, I have great confidence that if Mark says they perform as designed, the problem is mine and not the preamps. If you buy it and have the same problem, I will take it back. You will just be out shipping.Earl

Do you live near high voltage power lines?

You could try building a faraday cage around the preamp.

Edited by FuzzyDog