Klipsch visit

Schu

• Administrators

Nevermind think I read wrong. So the new line will be called the Klipsch base line?

I'll be honest, I'm not liking what I'm hearing and am a bit disappointed. We heard several months ago about a new "Reference" line. Now it's a "Reference line that's more economical for the masses."

I'll try to be patient and withhold opinion until product release.

Without giving too much away, It'll be a multi-tier line. Something for everybody. Some folks who went to the demos could verify that the sound on them (even the "entry level" units) were pretty freaking stellar. We are talking about a big-time improvement.

Nevermind think I read wrong. So the new line will be called the Klipsch base line?

I'll be honest, I'm not liking what I'm hearing and am a bit disappointed. We heard several months ago about a new "Reference" line. Now it's a "Reference line that's more economical for the masses."

Without giving too much away, It'll be a multi-tier line. Something for everybody. Some folks who went to the demos could verify that the sound on them (even the "entry level" units) were pretty freaking stellar. We are talking about a big-time improvement.

I appreciate the explanation Chad. Honestly I get excited for every new product Klipsch brings to the table, so I apologize for being so subjective. I've just been holding off on some other purchases in case there is a speaker in the new line that I have to have!

• Administrators

I appreciate the explanation Chad. Honestly I get excited for every new product Klipsch brings to the table, so I apologize for being so subjective. I've just been holding off on some other purchases in case there is a speaker in the new line that I have to have!

As Amy said, the current Reference line is sticking around for a little longer. The stuff coming out in July is still well worth looking into. Judging from your signature you might just find they fit one of your upgrading needs!

• Moderators
I'm curious if RF-7 II would remain the flagship model in the new reference line.

The first new Reference line will not replace the existing Reference line. So, yes and no. The RF-7 will remain as the flagship, but not of the new line coming out in July.

Keep in mind the new Reference line coming out in July DOES NOT replace the current Reference line. It is called the "base" line, and will be a more value positioned offering in mass retail. Still awesome, but not the high-end specialty retail products.

More Reference news coming in the next few months.

So it's replacing the Synergy line?

And Klipsch Icon.

That sounds good like a good plan to me. It will be nice to see a better representation of the Klipsch brand at the mass retail level.

No.

:)

All will be clear in time.

Amy, your answer reminds me of the Kora character played by Olivia Wilde in the newest (of 2) "TRON" movie: "Patience, all your questions will be answered soon!" LOL.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1