Something to aspire to!

From the first comment after the review:

'"It is peculiar how some people hear differently than others. With the very first note I found these to have the same problem as so many other conventional speakers in that you hear the individual drivers.
That being said it may be to general to say "you hear" instead of "I heard". I also thought the tweeter really sounded totally out of sinc with the rest of the system. Just what "I heard".'"

And for this you pay a quarter of a million dollars.

If they only would have used first order filters!

• Like 1

agree the art side is cool...................................I hate that the audio mags give these over the top designs a platform as serious audio

I dont call myself an audiophile but I suppose when it comes down too it I could be lumped into the type. The over whelming majority of audio people I know are all of modest means and could not hope to buy a 30,000.00 cd player, yet most of the rags seem to center on the overpriced audio jewelry

I realize advertising pays the bills and if they want to stay in business they have to cater to a degree, But to publish an article on a 1/4 million dollar terrible sounding piece of art.....................when your subscribers are looking for AUDIO....................This is exactly why I no longer subscribe and frankly have no desire to read the rags

You can learn so much more right here.........................

250K could do so much more than that.

You could have this

jaguar-f-type-r-coupe-2-1.jpg

And a Ryder truck load or (two) of all of this

Klipsch-Cinema-Speakers-XLg.jpg

A big mess of this

marantzstack2.jpg?itok=nb-gxFXJ

A a few days of fun here

Cupola_GK_9447-e1352055916309.jpg

Hire some travel partners and......

palomino-girls.png

Spend two weeks here.

01Coco-Amphi-800px_0199.jpg

And you would come home owing $46

• Like 1

• Moderators
I am glad we have these guys who maintain that kind of interest in audio.

Your right, it should never die and without the passion for high end audio it may all turn into mass market junk, it's trying to go into that direction already.

But for me (poor) I have to think of it from the money side of things and just hope the art stays alive, or at least quality audio.

• Moderators

I have seen your pictures, why would you need that, the grass is no greener. But It's ok to dream

Spend two weeks here.

Now that I can easily understand.

I have seen your pictures, why would you need that, the grass is no greener. But It's ok to dream

Spend two weeks here.

Now that I can easily understand.

Oh my actual spending of the 250K would be much more boring. College fund, Mortgage and friggin' Day Care and private Elementary!

• Like 1