Exactly the group I'm looking for.

Ben Baad

I doubt I will have the same problem when I do the rest of the job. But just in case I do I'd like to have a plan. Where I went wrong was I should of waited a couple days to do that third coat. the stain was sticking a bit more than I'd of liked partially because I was interrupted and the stain sat a a few minutes longer than planned and was not able to wipe off in time to avoid the "sticky" feel

I must admit some admiration in sanding those down and refinishing them.

I have a set of Birch Lacquer that I started sanding the worst one. The more I sand, the more I think I can live with it's Battle scars, love bites and whatever other defects barring something totally unexpected.

Welcome to the forum!

​Should someone give you a hard time, Just tell them to move along to something they do enjoy. That's not rude, just friendly advice.

I'm almost done with one of the two speakers. Should be finished by tomorrow. I removed the klipsch sticker to sand and stain. What kind of glue is recommended for putting this back on?

Don't use glue

Use double sided tape

Keeping the speakers natural and with careful product application to bring out it's natural beauty would have been my preference

I recently made some frames for my crossovers and kept them natural with just penetrating wood oil.

If you want to have a look - https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149952-a-crossover-design-on-single-exposed-board/page-2#entry1745099

Edited by Full Range

"The more I sand, the more I think I can live with it's Battle scars" BedLiner to the Rescue!
Duratex works really well, especially if you fill all the chips and dents and spray them.

Bruce

• Like 1