*HELP* CL find RW-12D does not work

Matthews

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mystery,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your misfortune.

Here is a link to the most common repair center for these amps.

http://sybesmas.com/site/

Sybesma's Electronics
581 Ottawa Ave. Suite 100
Holland, MI 49423

My buddy had his amp sent there and less than $200.00(including shipping) later his RW-12d was back to thumping again.

Bill

Mystery,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your misfortune.

Here is a link to the most common repair center for these amps.

http://sybesmas.com/site/

Sybesma's Electronics
581 Ottawa Ave. Suite 100
Holland, MI 49423

My buddy had his amp sent there and less than $200.00(including shipping) later his RW-12d was back to thumping again.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

I'll open it and see if there is anything out of ordinary.

I have a plate amp from Optimus PRO SW-10P subwoofer and was thinking to use that but it's only 120 watts. :unsure:

Edited by Mystery

• 2 years later...

Hey everybody! First apologies for bringing up an old post but I have an almost exactly same scenario and did not want to get flamed with "use the search feature n00b".

So hear it is Craigslist find for $200 bucks (in weed). A pair of Klipsch RF-82 floor standing speakers, Klipsch center channel (unsure model number), a RW12d and onkyo tx sr805. Pretty sweet deal. Originally I thought it was just the pair of speakers to match up a Pioneer elite from the early 90's. Oh well!

So I got it all setup and of course the RW12d did not turn on. Have not tried the fuse but my experience with Klipsch is awesome speakers, not awesome amps. It's like they don't know how to hire amp engineers or they just relish in the fact that they can design a shitty under-powered amp that you have to send in and have repaired for 200  bucks every 6 months. My promedia 4.1's are still sitting there gathering dust, amp blown. It is on the to do list and will be getting sent off soon since I found a repair service on ebay.

It looks like I will add the 300s to the list. Too bad they don't make something like that for the promedia. There are a lot out there sitting that people do not want to get rid of and want working.

Thanks for the info on the 300s and the other repair service.

2 hours ago, raphenilweed said:

Hey everybody!

Welcome to the forum.

First apologies for bringing up an old post but I have an almost exactly same scenario and did not want to get flamed with "use the search feature n00b".

No apologies and this is not AVS Forum so you "should" not get that from any of us.

So hear it is Craigslist find for $200 bucks (in weed). A pair of Klipsch RF-82 floor standing speakers, Klipsch center channel (unsure model number), a RW12d and onkyo tx sr805. Pretty sweet deal.

Seems like a killer deal.

Bill