Forum sections... question.

Schu

In as far as the forum sections go on our site... why is there no Vendor Section in the Garage sale portion of the forum? This would also include licensed resellers of Klipsch goods.

just curious.

• Like 1

I understand that...

Klipsch doesn't sell NEW Custom built Amplifiers, Cross overs or speaker modifications etc... but they allow secondary market sales of the same items? These items ENRICH the listening experience, they do not cannibalize sales in any manner or fashion.

and Wouldn't it be of some benefit to authorized resellers to have a listing on a forum by which perspective buyers might want some direction for Klipsch branded home and professional products?

I'm just curious, because most every forum, even sponsored forums, have some form of "dealer" component to there site.

Places like internet brands, allow for this and from a legal and financial stand point have been very successful. there is some due diligence required, but it's nothing that is outstandingly difficult.

Edited by Schu

New idea for the Forum. to me anyhow. Would anyone who has funds for advertising be allowed to advertise, even if they real Bottom Feeder that most of us would advise staying away from

Who would oversee this new endeavor?

Schu, you may be onto somethin. But how are going to keep the bottom feeders from placing adds.

However I may have misunderstood (more often then i used to). If we had ......oh say crites, james brown, Christopher Robertson For Custom crossover parts

Mr Green for tube amp repair and supply

Sarita likes working on 1970s sansui Also has supply of parts

Fred likes working on marantz

I'd like to see something that does not interfere with Klipsch sales and service.

It sure would be handy to see who does quality equipment and work

And of course gentilly alerting the rest of us of sorry businesses.

I agree, if not administered correctly it CAN indeed become worm infested... I have also seen it work beautifully.

obviously Klipsch would be responsible for administration and over sight... and perhaps that is where it ends, because there may not be a cost pay off that is directly attributable to the venture. HOWEVER, there is a brand identity and a goodwill pay off that can not really be accurately measured other than to say it's a positive thing.

normally when a company doesn't choose to do this it's a legal issue for the company as the company takes on some responsibility for the due diligence of any retailers they allow to advertise on the forum. With appropriate disclaimers and TOS (terms of service), liability can be mitigated to certain extent. hopefully, by doing the appropriate due diligence prior to allowing a party to advertise, Klipsch would significantly limit any ongoing issues... as advertisers become plagued with complaints, the open market tends to weed them out and they could be disallowed to advertise. Advertising rates would also tend to limit high turn over perspective sellers and only the entrenched would survive.

I have a feeling this is never going to happen, I just wanted to see if perhaps all the aspects have actually been looked into by the parties involved.

Edited by Schu

• Moderators
obviously Klipsch would be responsible for administration and over sight...

With me leaving, adding admin duties to the forum is probably the last thing on their minds, I'm sure. then again, I could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nonsense. It bears discussion. When do I ever lock threads?? :o

I think it makes sense on hobbyist forums, but not manufacturer forums. Too political.

Is there an example of a one where it does work? I'd be curious to see.

I think that is the biggest and most logical distinction... Hobbyist versus manufacturer.

To me, I think of this place as more of a hobbyist site, because it's really not laid out like most Manufacturer(and many other hobbyist) sites. we have VERY GENERALIZED forums that lack model specific semi forums... so ours read more like a generalized over view of the areas of interest.

As I had mentioned above, Klipsch doesn't market those things such as hand built amplifiers, custom designed Cross overs (for Klipsch specific models, likely a warranty issue on later model speakers) etc. and those thing directly relate to our love for the Klipsch Brand.

Allowing those developers that have taken the time to engineer and build items for Klipsch specific enthusiasts is probably a good thing as many of the older models are NOT SERVICED by anyone other than us... enthusiasts.

we all know who the usual players are, it's no secret... but if there was a place for some of them, if they choose to, to pay out the services and offerings is "additive" and not "subtractive" to the Klipsch lifestyle.

Edited by Schu

Nonsense. It bears discussion. When do I ever lock threads?? :o

I think it makes sense on hobbyist forums, but not manufacturer forums. Too political.

Is there an example of a one where it does work? I'd be curious to see.

Locked one of mine, :emotion-14: and Yea I suppose I had it coming, But then you let me slip around the edge's on the one to follow. :) We'll see how it goes "Post Amy" as compared to the Queen's Reign.

Personally I'd rather not see the forums headed down that slippery commercialized slope headed to yet another cluster %*^&(& mess website of ads and links.

that makes no sense. it's that idea that really stops progress.

we're not talking about advertising... banners... sponsers etc. We're talking about a sub section in the Garage sale thread, like "alerts", that would be specifically a place for companies to put in goods and services... it would also be a place for those companies, many of which are one man operations, to keep potential customers up to date with new ideas, goods and services and to answer potential customers specific questions.

A concise point of attack for potential customers to get access to AUTHORIZED resellers, upgrade artists and the like is only a good thing.

of course, this would not be free for those advertisers... unless Klipsch wanted it that way.

Edited by Schu

Personally I'd rather not see the forums headed down that slippery commercialized slope headed to yet another cluster %*^&(& mess website of ads and links.

that makes no sense. it's that idea that really stops progress.

we're not talking about advertising... banners... sponsers etc. We're talking about a sub section in the Garage sale thread, like "alerts", that would be specifically a place for companies to put in goods and services... it would also be a place for those companies, many of which are one man operations, to keep potential customers up to date with new ideas, goods and services and to answer potential customers specific questions.

A concise point of attack for potential customers to get access to AUTHORIZED resellers, upgrade artists and the like is only a good thing.

of course, this would not be free for those advertisers... unless Klipsch wanted it that way.

Like I wrote......... it is a slippery slope. Stay far away from its edges. "Once the camels nose is in the tent................"

• Moderators

Sounds great, it's simply much too difficult to maintain. We have a hard enough time with our own dealer locator on our website! Adding legit upgrade artists and the like would be a challenge to vet properly. And then there's the policing of disputes! My head hurts just thinking about it.

• Administrators
it's simply much too difficult to maintain.

Also, everyone keep in mind we are one of the only major loudspeaker companies who even have a message board on their website. With Amy getting the heck outta Dodge, I'm left to monitor things here myself (with Alex and the couple moderators we have grandfathered in from the old forums). I do what I can to maintain and monitor the forums, but I definitely do not have the time to look at every topic or even every sub-section. If we had a dedicated community manager whose job was to ONLY work with the forums, then I could see something like this existing. I must simply say at this time, thanks for the suggestion (it's not a bad one - it is just one that needs moderation on a greater level than what we have), but don't look for that to happen any time soon, if ever.

On the subject of forum moderators - I've been toying with the idea of recruiting a couple more from our user base. Amy's stance has always been you guys are "self-policing", and I will respect that. However moderators on a forum are a necessity. No action will be done on this yet, but I'm considering it for the future.

I also hope that by shooting down this particular suggestion, I'm not shooting down the possibility of future suggestions being made here. We will consider all suggestions made regarding the forum, so please keep them coming!