WTT: looking for specific signatures

Rivervalleymgb

nico boom: John Frick went on to become a salesman working from Hope all the way up into Canada. I dated his sister-in-law for a while. Stayed at his house in Fayetteville a few times, once when Gary and I were on a week long road trip through the Ozarks. I made a few trades with Ron Elmore, and knew Rick Fawcett very well. IIRC Ricky lived in PWK's old house for a couple of years.

Those years are a blur....

Thanks for the info, for me things like these signatures make the speakers unique though I never knew them in person.

These old labels are one of the things that expresses these loudspeakers were build by hand with care and attention; try to explain that to our modern generation.

My heart missed a beat when I saw the well-known labels on the Klipschorns I recently bought; if those labels had been removed or painted over I doubt if I would have bought them so soon.

In the past I used to tune motorcycles; after finetuning a engine I used to engrave my initials in a hidden corner. Some 30 years later I found my own initials engraved in a engine I was asked to rebuild; a weird feeling came over me like the past was staring me in the face.

I guess when the people who build "our Klipsch speakers" would see their name on those old labels again they would feel the same. ;)

Nico

the people that actually built the speakers back then only got to stamp their first initial into the wood on the rear left or right side and the helper or helpers got to do the same. USA was also stamped on the other side. i have heresys ( 77 ) with USA on the left side and cornwalls ( 79 ) with USA on the right side.

Edited by Budman

Reading this thread I discovered an interesting coincidence: N W Bradford was the tester on both my Klipschorns and Cornwalls. The KC-BR Klipschorns were inspected by David Johnson and tested by N W Bradford. The CD-BR Cornwalls were inspected by Lester Boyd and tested by N W Bradford. I bought the Klipschorns locally but obtained the Cornwalls from the original owner in the Raleigh area of NC. That Bradford guy got around!

Klipschorn Tag

Cornwall Tag

• 9 years later...
On 7/1/2014 at 7:40 AM, Rivervalleymgb said:

Gary was killed in a car wreck in the '80's. He bought Belle's Mercedes from PWK. I have some pics of that Mercedes going down an old logging road in the Ozarks to get to a swinging bridge over Big Piney. One of my best friends in Hope. I have seen Bobby Barham's sig on several pair. He was plant accountant later and sold me my first pair of Heresy's. I paid $400 for a pair in raw birch direct from the factory. I had done a lot of environmental work for Klipsch at that time. People that know a lot about the plant know that in the '70's the rendering plant that was located at the neighboring chicken plant was causing a LOT of odor problems. I was able to get the EPA to finally take some action to correct a slew of problems. Took several years. The State refused to act, and the EPA had to be dragged kicking and screaming to enforce anything. Long story.

I knew Gary in 1976, rode in that grey Mercedes many times.  I came back to Hope this week for the PWK Birthday Bash after 48 years away hoping to see Gary, Danny McCloud, Gwen Cox, Judy Harris, Tommy Crouch, Bob Moers, Bobby Jo Garcia, Curtis Putnam and Gary Gilliam…..Only Danny was to be found. So many lost now….very sad.  

• Like 1