New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

i think this was a huge mistake on their part. those speakers are the exact same looking as the current K series icon line. except now they have copper cones. i think this is going to take away from the "reference" series image, and also with new models being r-28f, r-25c etc is just going to further confuse future customers.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 3

Horn lens looks more highly developed/refined.

I think they look good for what they are trying to be with price point considerations being factored in.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

i think this was a huge mistake on their part. those speakers are the exact same looking as the current K series icon line. except now they have copper cones. i think this is going to take away from the "reference" series image, and also with new models being r-28f, r-25c etc is just going to further confuse future customers.

Could not agree more. :emotion-45: Disappointed doesn't sum it up.

Pass judgement... I think they look damn fine. Those speakers look WAY MORE refined and "finished".

some folks complain and don't realize that there are price pressure considerations and when you offer them premium product of no compromise they say... "Wow, those are so expensive".

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Keep in mind that this DOES NOT REPLACE THE CURRENT REFERENCE II LINE. More announcements to come. Let's not pass judgement during transition periods. :)

This can't be repeated enough.

All will be revealed in due time, peeps.

• Like 1

TEST: Klipsch New Reference 5.1 Set - R-28F, R-15M, R-25C & SW-112

07.02.2014 (Philipp child)

Klipsch Reference Set 2 group shot2

already at the presentation of the new Jamo concert series in Wiesbaden we were able to have a quick look at the new reference from Klipsch. To prick up one's ears but we were only in the Jamo speakers and more than ever we are now, after some of the new Reference series transducer with us in the editorial team have arrived. Including the floor-standing speaker R-28F on the EIA of 550 EUR/piece, the bookshelf speaker R-15M for EUR 300 per couple, and the Center R-25C for EUR 300. Since the new subwoofer are not yet available, we combine the set with the powerful SW-112.

Klipsch Reference R-28F Group shot

R-28F floor standing speakers, the largest of the new

Klipsch Reference series R-28F front

speaker grille on the side2 without

Klipsch Reference R-28F Tiefmitteltoener

typical in look and sound - the new IMG-woofer

Hochtoener Kupfer-Outfit Klipsch Reference R-28F

the successful Tractrix-Horn

Klipsch Reference R-28F bass-reflex

bass reflex port forward

Klipsch Reference R-28F rear panel side1

back of the R-28F

Klipsch Reference R-28F crossover

just knitted, clear crossover

the new Reference series could "Klipsch" not be typical. It is precisely the R-28F exactly to our ideas, if we think Klipsch home cinema speakers. Large, black, classic design, the Tractrix-Horn and the Cerametallic-Woofer - everything is from the R-28F. Those who preferred a different color, you had bad luck.

This is also very sporty Klipsch: here it is to powerful, dynamic sound, the optics are clearly beltat. However, the transducer everything other than ugly. Clearly, they are more conventionally - Klipsch calls it "Industrial Design" - and probably a little expansive for the housekeeper, but just offer generous volume and set a clear statement.

The processing can also be seen real. The housing is not, as the current reference series of wood but from a Kunststoffmaterialmix, the efect is black. But this is not of distance and even the Touch must be made very clear to make sure, in order to determine this fact. In this respect, it should be mentioned that the new Reference series not the successor of the currently existing and further ongoing Reference series. The New Reference offers more advanced for newcomers to find their way in the Heimkino-Welt penetrate from Klipsch.

Klipsch Reference R-15M group shot1 R

-15M bookshelf speakers

Klipsch Reference R-15M3 each front side

without LS-grid

Klipsch Reference R-15M Back Side1

back

Klipsch Reference R-15M bass-reflex

rear bass reflex port on

the R-15M is little different than a R-28F in a compact format. Here too, there are the new "Injection Molded Graphite" -woofer in the typical Klipsch-Look for use, even if the diameter of 5.25 compared to 8" " slightly less. The new IMG-woofer to an excellent combination of weight and stiffness, resulting in high load capacity and efficiency and, at the same time offer excellent and precision.

Both the floorstanding and Bookshelf-Speaker offer very good fitted Chassis, both for the woofers as well as sitting with the horn. The surface is foiled, the edges are - in keeping with the design - a little pointed. The speaker grille is made of plastic and feels a little trite, it is with small pins in the savings on the base of the housing.

Klipsch Reference R-25C Front R

-25C Center

Klipsch Reference R-25C front

speaker grille on the side3 here

Klipsch Reference R-25C Tiefmitteltoener1

IMG woofer, along with the -Tractrix Horn

Klipsch Reference R-25C processing

surface and edge

Klipsch Reference R-25C bracket LS cover

LS-grille mounting pin

Klipsch Reference R-25C rear panel side

back

Klipsch Reference R-25C Connections Rear Panel

in the center, the identical Schraubterminals 5.25 " IMG woofer, which also in the bookshelf speakers R-15M are also the tweeter is the same. The Center closes the LS-grid in contrast to front and Rearlautsprechern with the housing and is

• Like 1

Does Klipsch put out a press release abroad prior to USA?

Just curious.....

Based on what I read in the article it sounds like the German's had them for actual testing. No idea how they got them "early" if it was indeed early.

• Like 1

Pass judgement... I think they look damn fine. Those speakers look WAY MORE refined and "finished".

some folks complain and don't realize that there are price pressure considerations and when you offer them premium product of no compromise they say... "Wow, those are so expensive".

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I agree the center looks bad ***

Yep its Icons with gold drivers. I'm sure they sound good but why not design from the ground up with a whole new idea? Fail IMO
i agree. no creativity at all to create an actual new product.
Keep in mind that this DOES NOT REPLACE THE CURRENT REFERENCE II LINE
you have already told us this a few times. and i understand it is replacing the current icon and synergy series HOWEVER, i still think its taking alot away from any reference line new or old.
Pass judgement... I think they look damn fine.
that they do.
Those speakers look WAY MORE refined and "finished"
i guess each to their own but its just got different color cones and different vinyl wrap.
this is what i don't understand. you say people complain about expensive speakers. i get that but that is why there are different lines. icon, synergy, reference, thx, palladium, and heritage. each have their own price points. however now that new bottom of the line is the reference stuff? is the stuff that is replacing current reference getting a new name? i hope so otherwise i think a mistake was made. and i am anxious to see prices.