New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

So, to change things up a little bit...we know that the entire Reference line-up will be tiered, and we know what the Reference and Reference II lines look like. So, who'd like to make some predictions for the Reference III line that should slot between the current R-II line and Palladium? And what does this mean for the RF-7II and RC-64II? Will they remain part of the R-II line-up or will they get re-jiggered to fit into the R-III line somehow?

Discuss...:)

• Moderators

Based on hints they have dropped, I'm betting there is something new in between RF7ii and the Palladium. They keep telling us we will be very pleased so I have no reason to doubt it. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with

• Like 3

Based on hints they have dropped, I'm betting there is something new in between RF7ii and the Palladium. They keep telling us we will be very pleased so I have no reason to doubt it. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with

I always thought that the RF-7II was such a large jump price-wise from the RF-82II that it almost was its own tier. That's why I wonder what will happen to it and the RC-64II.

However, if there's a third tier, that implies there will be a whole line of speakers above the current R-II line. So what will they be? More refined cabinetry (no more rectangular boxes)? Different tweeters and/or woofers? Three-ways? All of the above?

Edited by Schwa

I always thought that the RF-7II was such a large jump price-wise from the RF-82II that it almost was its own tier. That's why I wonder what will happen to it and the RC-64II.

However, if there's a third tier, that implies there will be a whole line of speakers above the current R-II line. So what will they be? More refined cabinetry (no more rectangular boxes)? Different tweeters and/or woofers? Three-ways? All of the above?

ive talked about this before. I hope they are 3 way. Nicer finishes. And curved cabinets. I'd sure buy something similar sounding to my rf-63 in a walnut finish with curved cabinet.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Just a few comments posted from Klipsch on their Facebook

If you are a fan of a Series II stuff, this is NOT replacing that. There is more to come later on with Reference. Everyone will be pleased...very pleased in fact.

there is still much more to come. We can't put all of our cards on the deck, but naming will make much more sense. Early growing pains but it's all gonna work out and everyone is going to be really excited.

• Like 1

My money right now is on three new lines called "Reference," "Reference II," and "Reference III." We know about Reference, and I suspect the current Reference II line-up will get some minor updates in 2015 to become the "new" Reference II. The big question is of course what the Reference III line will bring and how those speakers will improve upon Ref II. I expect fancier cabinets, trickle-down Palladium components, maybe three-way designs, and higher prices. However, there is a huge gap between Reference II and Palladium, so I expect Reference III will fill that void nicely.

I'm not sure how "excited" I'm personally going to be considering that I just bought nine new speakers and my next major upgrade is years away, but progress is always a good thing. :) I am curious and interested in seeing what Klipsch comes up with, and I always root for the brand to do well in the marketplace.

Edited by Schwa
  • Like 1

For those wondering, here are the differences between Icon and this new line of Reference.

• All new Reference Linear Travel Suspension tweeter design for smoother, more powerful high frequencies.
  • All new mechanical woofer design with seamless dustcap for minimized mid frequency diffraction and distortion.
  • All new Spun Copper IMG woofer cone is incredibly rigid, with new design adding structural integrity for minimal cone break up at high excursion levels. This makes for even cleaner, more accurate low frequency reproduction.
  • All new Brushed Polymer Veneer finish is exceptionally durable with a much more contemporary aesthetic over the previous wood grain vinyl of the Icon series.
  • Like 2

How about some hints about any new Ref &/or other Klipsch SWs???

Also, should we expect some consumer type Atmos Ceiling Type Speakers, please???

Thank you; otherwise, some may buy other than Klipsch for they ;/) Atmos applications...

Edited by Sancho Panza