New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

Will the +/- DB of the frequency range be posted for the new reference speakers? It's not shown in the specs or cut sheets for the new reference whereas the reference II specs all contain this information.

well they are the new reference so they are better than the old. easily 10hz-100,000hz +/- 1.5 db :P

R-12SW Subwoofer
$449.00

R-12SW-Angle_635391310877790000_medium.j

The R-12SW subwoofer uncovers what you've been missing in your music, movies and games -- clean chest-thumping bass. The high performance subwoofer provides deep bass and placement flexibility thanks to its front firing driver and all digital amplifier.

Powerful 12" copper-spun front-firing woofer
All-digital amplifier delivers 400 watts of dynamic power
Equally impressive with music and movies
Low pass crossover and phase control
Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
Dimensions: 16" H x 14" W x 18.5" D
Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet

Frequency Response: 29Hz-120Hz +/-3dB
MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 116dB
AMPLIFIER: All digital
AMPLIFIER POWER: 200W / 400W
DRIVE COMPONENTS: 12" (30.5 cm) high excursion, IMG, front-firing woofer
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass Reflex
INPUTS: L/R line-level RCA jacks, L/R high level speaker binding posts
HEIGHT: 16" / 40.64 cm (16.5" with feet)
WIDTH: 14" / 35.56 cm
DEPTH: 18.5" / 47 cm (19.2" with grille)
WEIGHT: 33 lbs (15 kg)
FINISH: Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
FEATURES: Volume, Lowpass, Phase, Auto Power
PHASE: Switchable 0-180 degrees
Built From: 2014

R-10SW Subwoofer
$349.00

R-10SW-Angle_635391306352080000_medium.j

The R-10SW subwoofer is the ideal companion whether you're looking to achieve a 5.1 system or a 5.1 on the Richter scale. The high performance subwoofer provides deep bass and placement flexibility thanks to its front firing driver and all digital amplifier.

Powerful 10" copper-spun front-firing woofer
All-digital amplifier delivers 300 watts of dynamic power
Equally impressive with music and movies
Low pass crossover and phase control
Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
Dimensions: 14" H x 12.5" W x 15.7" D
Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet

Frequency Response: 32Hz-120Hz +/-3dB
MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 112dB
AMPLIFIER: All digital
AMPLIFIER POWER: 150W / 300W
DRIVE COMPONENTS: 10" (25.4cm) high excursion, IMG, front-firing woofer
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass Reflex
INPUTS: L/R line-level RCA jacks, L/R high level speaker binding posts
HEIGHT: 14" / 35.56 cm (14.5" with feet)
WIDTH: 12.5" / 31.75 cm
DEPTH: 15.7" / 39.8 cm (16.4" with grille)
WEIGHT: 25.5 lbs (11.6 kg)
FINISHES: Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
FEATURES: Volume, Lowpass, Phase, Auto Power
PHASE: Switchable 0-180 degrees
Built From: 2014

Perhaps, but I don't think they were designed with Dolby Atmos Application in mind...

Although some are the Pro are & are used as such...which Pros, not sure?

I'm sure they weren't designed with Atmos in mind as they've been available long before the first appearance of Atmos.

However, if you're using in-ceiling speakers for Atmos (and not speakers that bounce sound off of the ceiling), they don't require any sort of special "Atmos-enabled" design to function 100% correctly. The only thing I've read that in-ceiling speakers need to be to work right is monopoles...which Klipsch's in-ceiling architectural speakers most certainly are.

I'm planning to install CDT-5800-C II speakers as my in-ceiling Atmos speakers. The wiring's already up there...just waiting on a receiver that does Atmos!

I'm really hoping the new (potentially) line of speakers, along with Reference II remains of a higher quality. I happened to listen to a pair of these new speakers at Best Buy today when getting a new TV for school and was totally disappointed with what I heard and saw. Might just be my preference to the II's or the environment, but these just sounded bland to me and certainly didn't make me very excited for what was new. What it did do though is make me thankful for the sets that I currently own.

I remain optimistic at what new comes to the other lines though. But I have to admit, I'd love to see coil covers again. The older reference speakers were just absolutely beautiful.

Edited by IbizaFlame

Yeah, I'm sure I am. I dunno...just something about those old caps just seem so much more appealing to me. I could probably even deal with them being copper like the rest of the driver, but I'm just not digging the flat design. Personal preference though, that's not hardly a deal breaker. lol

• Administrators

I'm really hoping the new (potentially) line of speakers, along with Reference II remains of a higher quality. I happened to listen to a pair of these new speakers at Best Buy today when getting a new TV for school and was totally disappointed with what I heard and saw. Might just be my preference to the II's or the environment, but these just sounded bland to me and certainly didn't make me very excited for what was new. What it did do though is make me thankful for the sets that I currently own.

I remain optimistic at what new comes to the other lines though. But I have to admit, I'd love to see coil covers again. The older reference speakers were just absolutely beautiful.

Reference II will remain as is.

It's hard to get a good idea of how good something sounds within a big box store, just keep that in mind.

As we've stated before, the new Reference line will have something for just about everybody. We're just getting started! :)

It's hard to get a good idea of how good something sounds within a big box store, just keep that in mind.

Totally agree. How can you really assess how a speaker sounds in an open 40,000 square foot room with 30 foot ceilings.

Bill

Edited by willland

Reference II will remain as is.

As we've stated before, the new Reference line will have something for just about everybody. We're just getting started! :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I fully accept that. I just know that even in a larger space it seems like my RF-3 II towers had a better sound than the newer line. Of course, all I can do is go off memory there. The only thing I'll stick to my guns on really is appearance, I'm really not super excited about that. But then again, I was never a fan of the Icon series. I also admit if I ever had to bite the bullet on sound over image, sound would win just about every time. :)