New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

I  just read this at the AVS forum that the new R-28Fs are awesome and compete with the older Klipschhons and Lascalas but actually sound as good as the RF-7IIs if you use the new sub!

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/680426-klipsch-owner-thread-1268.html#post26851817

You guys aren't as fun as some other forums....but all joking aside I am actually a klipsch owner and I've rebuilt/copied several heritage series models from the mid to late 70's including but not limited to the klipschorns. That being said, I do give a thumbs up recommendation for the new r-28f and the the r-12sw subwoofer. I actually got a chance to compare the r-28f/r-12sw combo side by side with a set of 76' la scalas and a pair of 90' klipschorns in a very small playhouse auditorium in highlands,nc. All pairs were bi amped with qsc amplifiers for the horns and crown amps for the woofers. I was actually surprised at how little the difference was, sound stage wise, between the new reference combo and the ol heritage sluggers. Even the chamber quarter that plays there every week could tell only subtle differences. I think that is a lot to be said about them, for what it's worth.

I have owned a few pairs of rf-7II's and there is virtually almost no difference between them and the r-28f with the r-12sw added. That's pretty awesome for half the price on average, pretty much giving up 4 10"s for 4 8"s and a 12" sub.

If you live in the DFW area and plan on jumping on these please feel free to PM me if you have LaScalas, Klipschhorns, or the older RF-7s!

QSC Bi-Amped eh ?

Just went that way myself last week, best move iv made in 20+ years of any type of system.

• Administrators

I wish we could divulge release details or specs, but we aren't allowed to yet. Sorry guys

How does the the new R-28F sound compared to the RF-82 and RF-62?  Are they Comparable?

I personally haven't done any A/B testing with those so I'm working on getting someone who has to tell me so I can tell you ;-)

• Administrators

Just curious, is it because they are still in R&D? Or they may change? Or just marketing strategy? Any rough timeframe on when info might be coming down the pipe?

The products are still being put through our crazy testing process, from what I understand, but we are still on our planned release schedule.

Look for more info to start coming in probably late this year or early 2015. 

Yeah when is the new stuff supposed to be released?? I am waiting to figure out if I wanna stay with klipsch or jump in a different train this time.

You getting rid of your cinema stuff?
no home theater will stay Klipsch. It's my living room setup that I am thinking of getting rid of. I had buyers remorse when I sold my 63's before and got the set back luckily. However we just don't use them to their potential at all. So I'd rather have some smaller stuff in the living room that didn't take up so much space since it's a small room anyways. Then someone else could have the set and enjoy them as they are intended to be enjoyed. To their full potential.

• Administrators

yeah, the R-28F do sound pretty damn great for their price point, but they can't touch our Heritage speakers (not many things can). There's a reason we still make them. 

How does the the new R-28F sound compared to the RF-82 and RF-62?  Are they Comparable?

The R-28F as well as the rest of the new Reference line has similar voicing and acoustics as the Reference II line, without the refinement of the Cerametallic woofer and titanium tweeter of the Reference II line. 

Yeah when is the new stuff supposed to be released?? I am waiting to figure out if I wanna stay with klipsch or jump in a different train this time.

You getting rid of your cinema stuff?
no home theater will stay Klipsch. It's my living room setup that I am thinking of getting rid of. I had buyers remorse when I sold my 63's before and got the set back luckily. However we just don't use them to their potential at all. So I'd rather have some smaller stuff in the living room that didn't take up so much space since it's a small room anyways. Then someone else could have the set and enjoy them as they are intended to be enjoyed. To their full potential.

Good deal. Now that I have room in my garage for my setup I'm also trying to find something smaller I can put in our living room. Pretty sure the Reference sound bar will be the ticket for me.