New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

A 2 way lascala would be awesome. Or youthmans rf7iii...

I have to agree with Sancho on this...nothing will change too much. The disappointment will set in with time. Id like to see something great in the next months...I would love to demo something great from klipsch and possibly buy.

I really don't feel any expectations on this thread are too far from reality. I hope klipsch makes a new big step in audio. Klipsch could really use a new statement. The whole audio scene would appreciate a great new statement. I feel the air has already been let out though and I hope im very incorrect

• Like 1

I love whats out already with the klipsch label. Its gonna remain stable for years. id just like to see something innovative from the tech/engineers dept at klipsch..

Its been some years....

I really want to buy some new speakers that are just flat out amazing...seems them days are behind us unless we buy the stuff that's been around for some years now...

Something big, neat and new would really be great for audio...Im kinda scared to see whats next to be honest, without going into detail....audiovoxx is coming to fruition

• Like 1

• Moderators

In all fairness, has any other speaker manufacturer come up with a "revolutionary" speaker recently?  Not to say that it can't be done, but speakers rarely hit that revolutionary level.  Slight improvements seem to be more realistic expectations.  Regardless, I believe what Amy said in that there will be some exciting news.  I don't think she would say that if it were not the case.  I'm remaining optimistic on this one.

• Like 1

• Moderators
would be interesting to see a factory 2 way lascala

Just curious on your thoughts of why the 2-way would be an upgrade to a 3-way design. 

or your blueprint of the 7iii ultra though

Ha, I'm not sure that design has any potential of being a great speaker combined like that.  It was fun compositing it in photoshop though. 

Now, that would be amazing, but me thinks not too likely.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up on that one.

In all fairness, has any other speaker manufacturer come up with a "revolutionary" speaker recently?  Not to say that it can't be done, but speakers rarely hit that revolutionary level.  Slight improvements seem to be more realistic expectations.  Regardless, I believe what Amy said in that there will be some exciting news.  I don't think she would say that if it were not the case.  I'm remaining optimistic on this one.

There is a manufacturer messing with plasma tweeters....that's the closest to zero mass mankind has come to for speakers.

I haven't read all of this because I'm in cancun...I know, swanky, right?

Not knowing what was going on, haven't been around much lately but I face palmed when I saw the "new" reference speakers on the website. I thought the II line was being replaced with synergy reference clones. I thought it was odd though that the site had both as klipsch has been good as of late with keeping the site up to date.

I really am not pleased with the idea of combining lines. Go ahead...call the best buy line reference but the upper echelon of reference needs to be rebranded as something else. It deserves distinction because it is a top tier and the components and refinement are there. You can have very similar style but the consumer needs easily recognizable distinction between models and a visual cue that is easily identifiable....it's a reason why people buy the nicer and more distinguished version too. The different model numbers don't stick out easily. For instance call the bottom tier reference rf28 and the upper tier reference echelon rf82ii. The difference is readily visible but again, similar chassis and performance but refined.

Just food for thought. Before or in case I get flamed, I'm going to read the rest of the threads when I get back to AZ and I'm not reading it on WiFi on my note 3

I tried pulling the grills off and I thought I was going to break them, think construction paper with pegs glued to them.

I bought some B&W speakers last week off CL. I will probably be buying some more in the very near future.

B&W, ML and DT in the main listening rooms, Klipsch "Reference" on the metal racks next to the Samsung sound bars and The open box deals. Quite a shame actually.

• Like 1

I tried pulling the grills off and I thought I was going to break them, think construction paper with pegs glued to them.

I bought some B&W speakers last week off CL. I will probably be buying some more in the very near future.

B&W, ML and DT in the main listening rooms, Klipsch "Reference" on the metal racks next to the Samsung sound bars and The open box deals. Quite a shame actually.

And it's a reference speaker? Seems like bad branding imo. Edited by reference_head
  • Like 3

There is a manufacturer messing with plasma tweeters....that's the closest to zero mass mankind has come to for speakers.

I haven't read all of this because I'm in cancun...I know, swanky, right?

Not knowing what was going on, haven't been around much lately but I face palmed when I saw the "new" reference speakers on the website. I thought the II line was being replaced with synergy reference clones. I thought it was odd though that the site had both as klipsch has been good as of late with keeping the site up to date.

I really am not pleased with the idea of combining lines. Go ahead...call the best buy line reference but the upper echelon of reference needs to be rebranded as something else. It deserves distinction because it is a top tier and the components and refinement are there. You can have very similar style but the consumer needs easily recognizable distinction between models and a visual cue that is easily identifiable....it's a reason why people buy the nicer and more distinguished version too. The different model numbers don't stick out easily. For instance call the bottom tier reference rf28 and the upper tier reference echelon rf82ii. The difference is readily visible but again, similar chassis and performance but refined.

Just food for thought. Before or in case I get flamed, I'm going to read the rest of the threads when I get back to AZ and I'm not reading it on WiFi on my note 3

I don't think you are going to get flamed. Your thoughts pretty well match up with the general consensus on this, and that it is a mistake.

They have a really good respected speaker line. And the answer is to build a much cheaper version of it (and charge almost the same). Its like calling a truck a 4x4 that doesn't have 4 wheel drive.

Now before anyone jumps on me to calm down lol. This is only good honest feedback. Being teachers pet and having nothing but trust and praise does no one any good imo :)

My whole house is full of klipsch and probably always will be. But I just think this move was a step backwards. A much cheaper version that costs almost the same is a bad combo.

Edited by reference_head

They have a really good respected speaker line. And the answer is to build a much cheaper version of it (and charge almost the same). Its like calling a truck a 4x4 that doesn't have 4 wheel drive.

Now before anyone jumps on me to calm down lol. This is only good honest feedback. Being teachers pet and having nothing but trust and praise does no one any good imo :)

My whole house is full of klipsch and probably always will be. But I just think this move was a step backwards. A much cheaper version that costs almost the same is a bad combo.

I wasn't going to jump on you, I just thought we still had to wait until possibly next year.  After that and that is it for all the good stuff and it is still a disappointment then I could see where your coming from. 

I could see the fact that they are calling a speaker equivalent to the icon line a Reference, but maybe nobody is buying the Icon do to the fact its not Reference, and nobody is buying Reference do to the fact of high cost.  It may be a marking thing, trying to keep money coming in to produce the real winner.  I do agree with the Reference sitting on the shelf next to the clearance or open box items.  It doesn't give much notice to a potentially decent product.