New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

Just saw new reference subs yesterday at local store... They were OK....in the main theater room they had non reference SW-115

Waiting to see what they come out with next. I have owned Klipsch all my life. I think I bought my first set Heresy's in high school ( the 70's)...then when I got married went to KG 5.5's

Then on to Reference series...don't get me wrong I have owned a couple of different Subs (Velodyne /SVS) but my main speakers have always been Klipsch. Started to drift back to Heritage.

Klipsch has always been to me anyway ( The American speaker company)...I realize the world has changed and almost nothing is made in this country any more.. (Sucks).

Where ever they are made I just HOPE they loose the black finish

• 1 year later...

For those wondering, here are the differences between Icon and this new line of Reference.

• All new Reference Linear Travel Suspension tweeter design for smoother, more powerful high frequencies.
  • All new mechanical woofer design with seamless dustcap for minimized mid frequency diffraction and distortion.
  • All new Spun Copper IMG woofer cone is incredibly rigid, with new design adding structural integrity for minimal cone break up at high excursion levels. This makes for even cleaner, more accurate low frequency reproduction.
  • All new Brushed Polymer Veneer finish is exceptionally durable with a much more contemporary aesthetic over the previous wood grain vinyl of the Icon series.

I was wondering what the difference was between these Reference speakers and the Icons...besides the looks.

However, I don't see a difference with the LTS tweeter in comparison with the previous Icon it replaces? What's so new about it? Both look the same.

Also, with the woofer design, is the "Spun Copper" really copper or just copper coloring? Any other mechanical differences?

I was wondering what the difference was between these Reference speakers and the Icons...besides the looks. However, I don't see a difference with the LTS tweeter in comparison with the previous Icon it replaces? What's so new about it? Both look the same. Also, with the woofer design, is the "Spun Copper" really copper or just copper coloring? Any other mechanical differences?

There are a HUGE amount of technical upgrades in the Reference Premier line.  They are more similar to the Reference line than the Icon line.

I have to go to work so no time to comment in more detail, but somewhere there is a thread that answers in detail the question you ask.

I'm sure others will weigh in as well, but the new RP's are getting rave reviews.

I was wondering what the difference was between these Reference speakers and the Icons...besides the looks. However, I don't see a difference with the LTS tweeter in comparison with the previous Icon it replaces? What's so new about it? Both look the same. Also, with the woofer design, is the "Spun Copper" really copper or just copper coloring? Any other mechanical differences?

There are a HUGE amount of technical upgrades in the Reference Premier line.  They are more similar to the Reference line than the Icon line.

I have to go to work so no time to comment in more detail, but somewhere there is a thread that answers in detail the question you ask.

I'm sure others will weigh in as well, but the new RP's are getting rave reviews.

I'm sure that the RP line has numerous upgrades in comparison to the Icon line. However, I was referring to the new "Reference" line they sell at Best Buy...also known by some as the "rebadged" Icons.